Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

Forbidden-USA OFFICIAL OEM Style Hardtop

Old 10-05-2012 | 04:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Mine ships on Monday! Stoked!
Old 10-05-2012 | 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aeonracer
Fitment is about a 9/10 so far.

Passenger side trunk I can't get to seal properly, so there is about a 5" length of 1/8" to 1/4" gap. I'm going to play with it some more this weekend, and see if I can't get the rest of it to seal up.

Same here. I can see it as I am driving and I look back behind me to the passenger side, though not as much as yours. I can see about 1/8" of light, but not 1/4". I guess ours came from the same mold.

I tried adjusting the top lower but then you get the creaks from the car flexing, etc.

Overall, I like the top. I get compliments like no other!

Constructive criticism: I would like to see some better hardware included. I went to a local speciality hardware store and got some nice Allen head bolts in black along with black washers since I had my brackets painted. The silver fasteners just look kinda tacky in my opinion. I spent about two bucks.

If you have an older car, don't even waste your time with the factory front latches from the convertible top. Rattle city. If you have newer latches you may/should be okay. I ordered Izzy's fronts immediately. Awesome now.
Old 10-05-2012 | 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea I just got my hardtop today and it was damaged in the mail Forbidden has great customer service and is going to take care of me and send one out super quick .
Quick question where do you guys purchase Izzy's fronts latches at incase i need them ? If yall want any photos how would i put them on here , i don't see an option ? THanks guys
Any tips on the install from the guys that have done them so far
Old 10-05-2012 | 06:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JaeOne3345
Originally Posted by aeonracer' timestamp='1349282421' post='22055946
Fitment is about a 9/10 so far.Passenger side trunk I can't get to seal properly, so there is about a 5" length of 1/8" to 1/4" gap. I'm going to play with it some more this weekend, and see if I can't get the rest of it to seal up.
Same here. I can see it as I am driving and I look back behind me to the passenger side, though not as much as yours. I can see about 1/8" of light, but not 1/4". I guess ours came from the same mold.I tried adjusting the top lower but then you get the creaks from the car flexing, etc. Overall, I like the top. I get compliments like no other!Constructive criticism: I would like to see some better hardware included. I went to a local speciality hardware store and got some nice Allen head bolts in black along with black washers since I had my brackets painted. The silver fasteners just look kinda tacky in my opinion. I spent about two bucks.If you have an older car, don't even waste your time with the factory front latches from the convertible top. Rattle city. If you have newer latches you may/should be okay. I ordered Izzy's fronts immediately. Awesome now.
Thanks for the reveiw

Originally Posted by lid6662
Yea I just got my hardtop today and it was damaged in the mail Forbidden has great customer service and is going to take care of me and send one out super quick . Quick question where do you guys purchase Izzy's fronts latches at incase i need them ? If yall want any photos how would i put them on here , i don't see an option ? THanks guys Any tips on the install from the guys that have done them so far
We will take care of you. Already submitted a request to receive the package back.
Old 10-05-2012 | 06:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aeonracer
No two tone, for those that requested it. 2 months in the making...

Fitment is about a 9/10 so far.

Passenger side trunk I can't get to seal properly, so there is about a 5" length of 1/8" to 1/4" gap. I'm going to play with it some more this weekend, and see if I can't get the rest of it to seal up.

Thanks for the review

Looks really good.
Old 10-06-2012 | 08:01 AM

Had a few small issues with my order hopefully we can get it squared away.
Old 10-06-2012 | 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weekend update:

I played with the hardtop some more, and now I have a full seal all the way around the back! It isn't a strong seal, but there is zero visible light. Over time as the top sets in I think the seal will only get better.

I did go off and get some acetone and thoroughly cleaned the inside of the hardtop. Something inside was giving me a crazy allergic reaction. After a thorough acetone wipe down to remove some of the overspray from paint and whatever else was left on the surface, everything seems to be ok now. I bought some extra weather stripping and sealed up the areas where there was some wind noise, and now the top is perfect. Excellent seal all the way around, zero wind noise, no rattles, no squeaks, just perfect.

It took nearly 2 months for the top to arrive from the date I ordered it, but it was well worth the wait. The paint is a perfect match to Silverstone Metallic, and the light weight makes it a breeze to put this thing on and of by myself.

Thanks Alberto!
Old 10-06-2012 | 01:29 PM

Thanks again to Forbidden for taking care of me with my MINOR Window issue. First class quality service!
Old 10-06-2012 | 04:19 PM

I just heard about this group buy, is it still ongoing?I have been looking for an OEM style hardtop forever, even went through local Honda dealers to no avail.How long will orders be taken? "05" GP white s2k roc it!!!
Old 10-06-2012 | 05:21 PM

Here is a photo of mine. My buddy is a painter and did all of the fiberglass prep and paint for me. Berlina black over Sebring. I like.

Quick Reply: Forbidden-USA OFFICIAL OEM Style Hardtop