Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

Forbidden-USA OFFICIAL OEM Style Hardtop

Old 09-06-2012, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the 2x2 weave cf top/fiberglass inside for a couple days now. Extremely satisfied in dealing with Alberto and Bman down at Long Beach as they both are very detailed with the fitting to make sure it fits to their customers satisfaction. Not giving this review a score since I cannot compare it to any aftermarket OEM hardtops out there. Keep in mind during my review that this is a light aftermarket product for a fraction of the factory prices.

Install:
During install we found an edge that was a little too thick that had to be shaved down. It fit as expected once it was done(few minutes). Fitment is excellent for an aftermarket product. I have a bit of fiberglass/carbon fiber experience so I know the level of skill involved in building quality products and for the pricing, I cannot complain at all.

Gaps:
The only item to note is that there can be a slight gap in the center rear after driving for a day at high speeds due to the drag. This can only be seen at an top angle only but is really due to the placement of the rubber seal so you can adjust if needed. It is probably a good idea to let your top settle for a week to two before making changes or adding seal.

Mounting hardware:
The holes in the plate may be too large if the bolt does not align perfectly. I added 1 washer to a bolt since it did not align and sunk in on one side.

Window:
Clear as day from the inside with the tint on the outside making it blend in well with the vinyl edges. I have a couple of scuffs on the window inside which Alberto is helping me out to resolve with the manufacturer. The window is only scratch resistant on the outside. I've tried cleaning it with soap/water and PlasticX to buff out but it did not work(not recommended since it can cause fogginess).

Done with the review, here are some pictures.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:35 AM

Is there a way to get the window to be scratch resistant on the inside as well as the outside?

I may be mistaken mistaken or maybe it was just the photo, but the vinyl on the guys window who had the shipping issue doesn't look as shiny as the one here on the white car?

Also, can someone take a very close up shot, maybe with the your macro setting on, of the edge of the vinyl on the rear window? Thats really my major concern is that edge eventually lifting after numerous washes and such. Thanks!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:28 AM

Beautiful, cant wait for mine Tuesday.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:15 AM

Can you guys post pics of the interior as well? Curious to see the finish quality. Thanks...
Old 09-07-2012, 11:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DId you guys getting a tracking number? Cause I may be out of town for two days next weekend and i dont want to miss the inspection when the truck driver drops it off !
And what if the top is damaged and i am not there to inspect it ? Will i lose out on the truck company taking care of it through insurance ? Thanks again and the hardtop looks awesome !!!
I cant wait ,
Old 09-08-2012, 05:45 AM

oh man i am so stoked cant wait until mine arrives! although the busted box has me a bit nervous lid6662 i have the same concerns! i went with 1x1. this is my cars first present!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:20 AM

Here are pictures of the vinyl(bottom of pix is actually the window) and interior of fiberglass interior. The vinyl edges are pretty smooth but is a valid concern when washing or spraying any water after a number of times. I would make sure spray it with a mist or avoid direct contact just to be safe.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha thats a awesome first present. I also have question about the vinal , if
It were to come off in a few years do y'all offer a warranty or how hard
Would it be to redo it if it was needed ? Thanks Alberto , can't wait for the top .
Old 09-09-2012, 06:23 AM

dany0 thanks a lot for the pics man. that vinyl edge looks almost seamless, and finally we get to see what the interior looks like too after it being requested 30 times. much appreciated!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by furian777
dany0 thanks a lot for the pics man. that vinyl edge looks almost seamless, and finally we get to see what the interior looks like too after it being requested 30 times. much appreciated!
+1 ^^

Thanks dany0 - Your car looks great with the top btw...

Quick Reply: Forbidden-USA OFFICIAL OEM Style Hardtop