Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE

Old 09-21-2013, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pm me shipped to 28607 with back glass and the fiberglass one
Old 09-21-2013, 02:04 PM

Old 09-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bewareofthepoop
PM'd

We have some mugen tops in stock. Please PM us for more information or call us at 562-786-8207

Alberto
Old 09-30-2013, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

delete
Old 10-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by notorious9i6
ATTENTION

Those who want to purchase the forbidden mugen hardtop or anything from FORBIDDEN be warned. I got the oem spec paint upgrade and the paint finish is worst than maaco's. It's full of orange peel especially by the sideblades. I should have just had my uncle painted it. Looked great when i first got it, after a month looks like a surface of a orange peel skin. This is very obvious when it's on my car. The paint of the hardtop and the car is night and day. (people comment on it all the time saying where did i have this painted, very disappointing)
Pictures are after a paint correction + 3 coats of wax.

from a far the light reflects very abnormally. Orange peel still very noticeable.

Also when i bought it brand new, there were a small indent (about a dime size) in it from them transporting it when the paint was still soft. Very unhappy. Hardtop holding up decently. Windnoise is okay but sypder side window seals are falling apart on the driver side. I had them install it and he said the crease where the window seal curve would go away eventually never did (explains why the drive side is lose and letting air come in).

I asked for some kind of reimbursement for their quality control issues but his reply "Like I said, orange peel is just a polishing issue and not a quality issue."

This is very unacceptable for oem spec paint. This would never fly for oem paint and everyone at car meets see this. This is something that can't be simply polished out with and DA + an orange pad.
Sorry about your issue and after doing some research, it looks like you bought a top from us nearly 3 yrs ago. We now have a new painter and we haven't had a single paint problem in 2 yrs. Look at all 75 pages on this thread and no one has reported a single issue like this. Warning customers about paint issue from 2-3 years ago is out dated.

I will forward your pictures to my old painter and see if we can find a solution for you.

Have a blessed day

Alberto
Old 10-01-2013, 05:55 PM

I'm not sure how the installation works when I read a couple of comments.

Does this top include everything it needs to be installed or do we have to buy the hardware from another website?

Does this have a significant improvement in sound deadening compared to ap2 soft tops?
Old 10-01-2013, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spyder562
Originally Posted by notorious9i6' timestamp='1380606440' post='22804866
ATTENTION

Those who want to purchase the forbidden mugen hardtop or anything from FORBIDDEN be warned. I got the oem spec paint upgrade and the paint finish is worst than maaco's. It's full of orange peel especially by the sideblades. I should have just had my uncle painted it. Looked great when i first got it, after a month looks like a surface of a orange peel skin. This is very obvious when it's on my car. The paint of the hardtop and the car is night and day. (people comment on it all the time saying where did i have this painted, very disappointing)
Pictures are after a paint correction + 3 coats of wax.

from a far the light reflects very abnormally. Orange peel still very noticeable.

Also when i bought it brand new, there were a small indent (about a dime size) in it from them transporting it when the paint was still soft. Very unhappy. Hardtop holding up decently. Windnoise is okay but sypder side window seals are falling apart on the driver side. I had them install it and he said the crease where the window seal curve would go away eventually never did (explains why the drive side is lose and letting air come in).

I asked for some kind of reimbursement for their quality control issues but his reply "Like I said, orange peel is just a polishing issue and not a quality issue."

This is very unacceptable for oem spec paint. This would never fly for oem paint and everyone at car meets see this. This is something that can't be simply polished out with and DA + an orange pad.
Sorry about your issue and after doing some research, it looks like you bought a top from us nearly 3 yrs ago. We now have a new painter and we haven't had a single paint problem in 2 yrs. Look at all 75 pages on this thread and no one has reported a single issue like this. Warning customers about paint issue from 2-3 years ago is out dated.

I will forward your pictures to my old painter and see if we can find a solution for you.

Have a blessed day

Alberto
If you can get it solved that would be much appreciated.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor

We have 2 Infusion FRP tops in stock.

Alberto
Old 10-12-2013, 01:15 PM

any single side carbons in stock? can i get a price with hardtop installed with window too
Old 10-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Former Sponsor

All PM's replied to.

Quick Reply: FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE