Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE

Old 11-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MBHs2k
Damn sometimes I wish that I had gotten carbon sides. Looks so good
You can always sell your current top and pick up a carbon sides : ]
Old 11-20-2011, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres my review:

Hardtop Type purchased: Double sided infused carbon fiber hardtop 2x2 weave with tented glass installed.

Customer Service: 10/10
They responded very quickly, and answered all my questions. The ordering procedure was a breeze.
Alberto is a helpful guy. He kept me informed and appreciated my business.

Shipment time: 7.5/10
It took them about a month to make my hardtop and send it to me. I ordered the hardtop on Oct. 10 and received it on November 8th.

Shipment packaging: 6.5/10
It was bubble wrapped on the sides but it had a lot of movement space in the box. I did
not notice any scratches or wear from the shipment so it did its job, but if the packaging company
did a poor job handling it, it had the potential to have scratches. Everything fine though

Name:  a1-2.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  89.7 KB

Name:  a2-3.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  149.2 KB

Hardware: 8/10
It comes with everything you need. The only reason I give it a 9 is because the side latches will rust so make sure to paint them
before installing them. There's also a little extra sealing left if you use it properly. There could always be more! lol Also,
the window seals are the ones that bend at the turning point (I'm not sure if others had different ones). It would've been nice to
come with some screws, but it didn't. No biggie though. The rear window was installed nicely with the slight tent.

Name:  b1-2.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  151.6 KB

Fitment: 8/10
The rear of the hardtop fits great and sits tightly with the sealing to the car. The front-top where it connects to
the top window frame with the soft top brackets (bought separately or taken from your soft top) is also a tight fight with no
wind leaks. Where there are gaps is the sides of the hardtop. They create wind noise going 40+ mph and you can hear and even see
the openings from inside the car. This can probably be fixed with extra sealing, but the stress of having to modifying it is tedious.
I also have an issue where the driver side window is hitting the top of the hardtop when I try to close the door. I think it
will eventually wear it out just enough so that it clears, but its just another small inconvenience.

Name:  SAM_2573.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  119.9 KB

Name:  SAM_2580.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  89.0 KB

Name:  SAM_2642.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  60.7 KB

Name:  SAM_2483.jpg
Size:  187.9 KB

Name:  SAM_2491.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  111.9 KB

Name:  SAM_2493.jpg
Size:  121.9 KB

Quality and looks: 9/10
The carbon fiber itself is awesome. There are, however, a few sections on the edges where it can be smoother, and when the sun
shines on it, from the inside, you can see some shallow areas where the light shows the carbon fiber strings- although this is
barely noticeable. the clear coat is great, and the inside carbon fiber is great! Overall, it looks well done and has a
professional appearance that people marvel when asking about it.

Name:  c1-1.jpg
Size:  157.2 KB

before (flipped for similarity)
Name:  DSC03746.jpg
Size:  86.5 KB

after:
Name:  a9.jpg
Size:  86.8 KB

Name:  c15.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  232.1 KB

Name:  SAM_2635.jpg
Size:  96.8 KB

Name:  SAM_2643.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  SAM_2642.jpg
Size:  60.7 KB

Name:  a3-3.jpg
Size:  55.1 KB

Name:  SAM_2618.jpg
Size:  111.0 KB

Name:  SAM_2609.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  139.0 KB

Price: 9/10
There are minor issues here and there, but nothing that makes this hardtop not worth it. You can risk getting a hardtop cheaper
(like from chaser) but at least with spyder, you are guaranteed fitment (minus the tiny issues but really not a big deal).

Overall satisfaction: 9/10
It does everything it's supposed to do as a hardtop and the price is good for what else is on the market.
I am very happy with the new aggressive look that this hardtop gives my car. The pictures do not do
this hardtop justice! it makes my car look like a damn porche from the back. lol.
I recommend this hardtop to anyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
SAM_2642.jpg (60.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 11-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BrockB
Heres my review:

Hardtop Type purchased: Double sided infused carbon fiber hardtop 2x2 weave with tented glass installed.

Customer Service: 10/10
They responded very quickly, and answered all my questions. The ordering procedure was a breeze.
Alberto is a helpful guy. He kept me informed and appreciated my business.

Shipment time: 7.5/10
It took them about a month to make my hardtop and send it to me. I ordered the hardtop on Oct. 10 and received it on November 8th.

Shipment packaging: 6.5/10
It was bubble wrapped on the sides but it had a lot of movement space in the box. I did
not notice any scratches or wear from the shipment so it did its job, but if the packaging company
did a poor job handling it, it had the potential to have scratches. Everything fine though

Hardware: 8/10
It comes with everything you need. The only reason I give it a 9 is because the side latches will rust so make sure to paint them
before installing them. There's also a little extra sealing left if you use it properly. There could always be more! lol Also,
the window seals are the ones that bend at the turning point (I'm not sure if others had different ones). It would've been nice to
come with some screws, but it didn't. No biggie though. The rear window was installed nicely with the slight tent.

Fitment: 8/10
The rear of the hardtop fits great and sits tightly with the sealing to the car. The front-top where it connects to
the top window frame with the soft top brackets (bought separately or taken from your soft top) is also a tight fight with no
wind leaks. Where there are gaps is the sides of the hardtop. They create wind noise going 40+ mph and you can hear and even see
the openings from inside the car. This can probably be fixed with extra sealing, but the stress of having to modifying it is tedious.
I also have an issue where the driver side window is hitting the top of the hardtop when I try to close the door. I think it
will eventually wear it out just enough so that it clears, but its just another small inconvenience.

Quality and looks: 9/10
The carbon fiber itself is awesome. There are, however, a few sections on the edges where it can be smoother, and when the sun
shines on it, from the inside, you can see some shallow areas where the light shows the carbon fiber strings- although this is
barely noticeable. the clear coat is great, and the inside carbon fiber is great! Overall, it looks well done and has a
professional appearance that people marvel when asking about it.

before (flipped for similarity)

after:

Price: 9/10
There are minor issues here and there, but nothing that makes this hardtop not worth it. You can risk getting a hardtop cheaper
(like from chaser) but at least with spyder, you are guaranteed fitment (minus the tiny issues but really not a big deal).

Overall satisfaction: 9/10
It does everything it's supposed to do as a hardtop and the price is good for what else is on the market.
I am very happy with the new aggressive look that this hardtop gives my car. The pictures do not do
this hardtop justice! it makes my car look like a damn porche from the back. lol.
I recommend this hardtop to anyone!
Thank you very much for taking the time and writing a review.

Looks really great and I'm glad I could help

Let me know if you need anything else.

Alberto
Old 11-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Mark355- Thanks for the pictures

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/907...#entry21130274
Old 11-22-2011, 07:27 AM

I need 3 quotes shipped to 29681 (send to idrum88@gmail.com)

1) Plain hand laid frp

2) hand laid frp painted black

3) all carbon fiber on outside

Also, do you have to remove soft top for this?
Old 11-22-2011, 08:04 AM

2. Vacuum Infusion FRP $$1250, Shipped to 21076 (Business Address)
Old 11-22-2011, 10:04 PM

These pictures are amazing

I need a Vacuum FRP w/ Carbon sides painted Silverstone shipped to 97526.

This is going to make an amazing Christmas present for myself!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote please for double carbon fiber with rear window installed shipped to 75701 and also vacuum infused FRP painted NFR/black sides with rear window installed.

Thanks
Old 11-23-2011, 08:12 AM

Price of the double sided carbon infusion shipped to 27409, and is there a differance in weight between the carbon and frp? Thanks
Old 11-23-2011, 02:52 PM

Payment Sent for Vacuum Infusion FRP! Wooooot!

Quick Reply: FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE