Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE

Old 09-01-2011, 06:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spyder562
^^^ pretty sure its moonrock. The flash in the camera gave it a bit of blue.
It's actually FERRARI GRIGIO SILVERSTONE
Old 09-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by OZS2KCA
Originally Posted by spyder562' timestamp='1314906033' post='20935642
^^^ pretty sure its moonrock. The flash in the camera gave it a bit of blue.
It's actually FERRARI GRIGIO SILVERSTONE
stand corrected

it looks pretty sick dude

let me know when you have some professional pictures out
Old 09-01-2011, 07:42 PM

^Sure will bro
Old 09-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Former Sponsor

All pm's replied

Thanks you all for keeping me reallllll busy : ]
Old 09-03-2011, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested in Vacuum Infusion FRP painted in moonrock with carbon sides and scratch resistant window.

Shipped to Greece. Price & how long I gonna have to wait.

Cheers.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fxracing
Interested in Vacuum Infusion FRP painted in moonrock with carbon sides and scratch resistant window.

Shipped to Greece. Price & how long I gonna have to wait.

Cheers.

PM'd with more information : ]
Old 09-04-2011, 06:34 AM

OK, here is my honest review of the Forbidden USA Hardtop

Quality of Mold: 10/10
The Mold itself is beautiful, The HT really does fit that good. Almost zero wind noise(the only wind noise there is, is on the sides and it's so minimal that the road noise eliminates it). The other wind noise I've experienced(was from the front)above 75mph and that was due to my bad. U see, I added some foam tape between the latches and the HT to eliminate sqeeks between the HT and latches when the HT flexes(which raised the front of the HT up some messing up the seal between the front of the HT and windshield). So I had to add a couple of washers under the catchers to lower them down some so the top has a much better seal. I was very impressed that there was no need for a front seal/foam tape and that the only seal utilized was the one already on the windshield between the windshield and the front of the HT. The fitment is dead on.

Quality of Paint: 8/10
The paint match is good. There are some blemishes here and there. There are some spots that used a little less paint and other spots that clearly have a drop too much of. Overall the paint is good. What I liked the most was that Alberto added an extra coat of clear(that I requested) on the seem of the black on the sides and the body color everywhere else(the one that looks like a mini window) so the transition between the two cannot be felt.

Customer Service & Install: 10/10
Customer service and install was outstanding, Alberto and his cousin(forgot his name, sorry ) did a fantastic job in answering all of my questions while installing my top, Their window guy did a great job installing the rear window. Alberto and his cousin made sure all the seals were greased so there was minimal noise. I even got a free water bottle and extra seal .

Thank you again fellas for the HT, it was a positive purchase, and it was great meeting the both of you.

Buy with confidence from Alberto.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk

The Mold itself is beautiful, The HT really does fit that good. Almost zero wind noise(the only wind noise there is, is on the sides and it's so minimal that the road noise eliminates it). The other wind noise I've experienced(was from the front)above 75mph and that was due to my bad. U see, I added some foam tape between the latches and the HT to eliminate sqeeks between the HT and latches when the HT flexes(which raised the front of the HT up some messing up the seal between the front of the HT and windshield). So I had to add a couple of washers under the catchers to lower them down some so the top has a much better seal. I was very impressed that there was no need for a front seal/foam tape and that the only seal utilized was the one already on the windshield between the windshield and the front of the HT. The fitment is dead on.

The paint match is good. There are some blemishes here and there. There are some spots that used a little less paint and other spots that clearly have a drop too much of. Overall the paint is good. What I liked the most was that Alberto added an extra coat of clear(that I requested) on the seem of the black on the sides and the body color everywhere else(the one that looks like a mini window) so the transition between the two cannot be felt.

Customer service and install was outstanding, Alberto and his cousin(forgot his name, sorry ) did a fantastic job in answering all of my questions while installing my top, Their window guy did a great job installing the rear window. Alberto and his cousin made sure all the seals were greased so there was minimal noise. I even got a free water bottle and extra seal .

Thank you again fellas for the HT, it was a positive purchase, and it was great meeting the both of you.

Thank you very much for posting up a review.

Please post up pictures when you have time : ]

Alberto
Old 09-04-2011, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubn1out4GudLuk

I got to see Alberto yesterday and check out his shop. Thanks Alberto (and his cousin) for answering all my questions regarding the tops and I now have a hard choice to make regarding the color/type (LBP vs. CF vs. Black). It was cool that he had CF and LBP tops that I could look at. I also got to meet a fellow member (Rubn1) who had his top installed yesterday. Thanks again.

P.S. We really need your cousin's name
Old 09-04-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by doboy08S2k
I got to see Alberto yesterday and check out his shop. Thanks Alberto (and his cousin) for answering all my questions regarding the tops and I now have a hard choice to make regarding the color/type (LBP vs. CF vs. Black). It was cool that he had CF and LBP tops that I could look at. I also got to meet a fellow member (Rubn1) who had his top installed yesterday. Thanks again.

P.S. We really need your cousin's name
Agreed!

Quick Reply: FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE