Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE

Old 07-22-2011, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theres a link to my 4 pics i took today, cant seem to get there to load as a pic like others on here have no clue what im doing wrong anyone wanna load on here for me i greatly appricate it...
Old 07-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by miguel329
Here you go dude

Old 07-22-2011, 09:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just picked up and installed mine today! will post up pictures when I wash my car They have been extremely helpful and customer service couldnt have been better! Don't hesitate to buy from them
Old 07-22-2011, 09:50 AM

Top looks perfect on your car Miguel, hoping to order mine at the end of the month, Alberto me mandaste un mensaje por FRP y CF but can you give me a quote for an FRP painted with glass installed shipped to 75229, I appreciate it
Old 07-22-2011, 10:09 AM

HAND LAID FRP PAINTED BERLINA BLACK W/ WINDOW INSTALLED SHIPPED TO 23462?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:34 AM

Will these be produced at this price for quite some time or is it a temporairy thing? I am picking up my new s2000 on monday but have depleted most of my funds...
Old 07-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nv_Los
Top looks perfect on your car Miguel, hoping to order mine at the end of the month, Alberto me mandaste un mensaje por FRP y CF but can you give me a quote for an FRP painted with glass installed shipped to 75229, I appreciate it
PM'd you sir

Originally Posted by BryanJenkins
HAND LAID FRP PAINTED BERLINA BLACK W/ WINDOW INSTALLED SHIPPED TO 23462?
PM;d

Originally Posted by S2Ko0o
Will these be produced at this price for quite some time or is it a temporairy thing? I am picking up my new s2000 on monday but have depleted most of my funds...
I have been selling my personal Forbidden-usa line for 6 months now. I don't think I am going anywhere soon
Old 07-22-2011, 04:38 PM

Thank you nv_los.. akso want tell people this is the hand laid, and alberto painted oem for me paint is flawless!
Old 07-23-2011, 04:20 PM

Name:  IMG_6725.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  60.2 KB
Name:  IMG_6726.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  77.8 KB

I recently purchased a ForbiddenUSA's Mugen replica hardtop and just wanted to contribute to this thread with a small review. Granted, I do not have extensive experience with bodywork or aftermarket body panels so take this review with a grain of salt if you will.

1) Fitment: It is NOT perfect, but there are no ridiculous gaps or serious issues that require professional work. Obviously, anyone spending $2000+ on a body panel will be a bit anal, but I think that average Joe staring at my car will not notice any flaws/misalignment. Alberto never promised perfection, only the best replica available. I do not have any experience with any other hardtops so I cannot compare, but from all the horror stories I've read about other brands, I'm happy that I purchased the ForbiddenUSA Mugen top. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best (i.e., what I would expect if this was a factory part, factory installed), I would give this top a fitment grade of 9/10.

2) Finish: The paint (silverstone) is well-matched and of good quality. The carbon sides and clear coat is beautiful as well. I will have to say that there are a few spots of imperfection, but luckily they are not in highly visible areas. I still have to wait for a cooler day to see if these spots can be cleaned. The rear window also came pretty dirty. Using a wet towel, I wiped off quite a bit of black residue. There are still some dirty spots left, but I will have to wait for a cooler day to clean it up. Finish grade of 7/10.

3) Hardware: The window seals are great, period. Unfortunately, the rear seal is not perfect. The rear seal does a good job sealing the rear portion of the hardtop, but fails to completely seal the two sides near the doors. I've tried fudging around with fitment, but the real problem is, the seal is not tall enough to fill this gap on either side. I will have to visit the hardware store sometime to find something a bit thicker. One problem I ran into was that the bolt heads are exactly the same size as the holes on the brackets. The problem? Well, the bolts are not doing their job holding the top in place because they can't. I had to run to the hardware store to buy washers. My hardtop also had a missing bolt, credit goes to my wife for running to Lowe's to grab me a replacement. Lastly, it would have been nice if the brackets came anodized or painted black. The naked steel is a bit of an eye sore. Hardware grade of 6/10.

4) Customer Service: Alberto is excellent as promised. I did have a day or two that I wasn't able to get a hold of him, but he explained, and remained in contact through phone for all of my remaining questions/concerns. Shipping was fast and exactly as promised. The hardtop was not packaged in magical fluff, but the amount of bubble sheets and boxes used was sufficient to protect the hardtop. Customer service grade of 9/10.

Overall, being that this ForbiddenUSA hardtop is one of the cheapest and best fitting (and lightest!) replicas, I say buy with confidence. Alberto and ForbiddenUSA stand behind their product so you can rest easy that you won't get screwed over.

Thanks for all your help, Alberto.

Steven

ps. My Mugen hardtop replica is apparently the one photographed at the studio in Alberto's previous post #496 https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/826...t__p__20722269.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:25 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

sw20, thanks for the review. Any shots from the rear? Your car looks great.

Quick Reply: FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE