Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE

Old 03-04-2011, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Payment sent for the seals. Did you see it yet in your acct? And thats for all seals correct? You can pm me.

THanks
Old 03-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gettin it
Payment sent for the seals. Did you see it yet in your acct? And thats for all seals correct? You can pm me.

THanks
pm replied
Old 03-05-2011, 10:12 AM

PM me with the details needed to place an order and the estimated ship date. I'm interested in the Vacuum Infusion FRP painted 2 tone GPW. Thanks.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM me with the details needed to place an order and the estimated ship date. I'm interested in the Vacuum Infusion FRP painted 2 tone Suzuka Blue (2003) black sides.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by roflitzjinno
I believe a disclaimer should be thrown out that it may or may not paint match each person's car. As you said, paint does fade over time. If you are unable to take care of your car's paint then it just won't match as much as you want it to.

After the top has been shipped and painted, and is not up to the BUYER'S standard. Then I believe it should be the BUYER'S responsiblity to ship it back to you on THEIR dime.

I honestly feel that you are doing us a favor in providing us quality parts that fit and are even going to extra length to paint it for us prior to shipping. I mean this is the best bang for your buck. That's what everyone here wants. You get all you need in one purchase. No need to fuse around with waiting for the top, sending to the paint shop, and then picking up the car.

Then again you're still going to have that one person out of how many people that want everything on a silver platter for them because they are the consumer.

PAINT AND SHIPPING IS OFFICIAL

disclaimer for all paint and ship is going to be thrown in

PM me for details
Old 03-06-2011, 10:30 PM

I just recently PM'ed you regarding a rear seal for my VIS hardtop..in need of your new replacement
Old 03-07-2011, 09:17 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

The nature of paint, particularly with metallics, is that it will never ever match 100%, even if you take it to Honda themselves. Paint has so many variables (mixing, temp, technique, materials, age, condition, etc) that it is technically impossible, you can only match it as close as possible. To oversimplify, this principle is even more apparent when you begin painting different materials, such as plastic vs. metal (bumpers vs. fenders) as the metallics absorb differently and therefore causes a certain degree of flop. Walk into your local new dealer and pay close attention to bumper to quarterpanel paint variations, you'll find that even when new they don't match exactly (sometimes they match rather well though), and those cars came off the same line around the same time more or less, so imagine trying to paint a fiberglass hardtop for a 5 year old car. I imagine that one reason why Honda stopped shipping the older colors (the old silverstone, yellow, etc) is because of this, but what do I know. You'll always get a better color match if your car is present during the paint mixing, provided the painter's skill is comparable to the guy doing your hardtops. But to be honest, because the hardtop sits on the top and there are many breaks, the difference shouldn't be too noticeable if at all. Problem is that people are hypersensitive when they install/fix a new part, and what went unnoticed before becomes obvious now.
Anyway, if I get another S, I'm def getting this painted hardtop, incredible value, the fact that he paints it and ships/installs it assembled eliminates so many potential headaches and multiple trips to shops, def worth the risk.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:30 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Oh do you offer a glass that can use the rear defroster? Would be pretty cool.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
The nature of paint, particularly with metallics, is that it will never ever match 100%, even if you take it to Honda themselves. Paint has so many variables (mixing, temp, technique, materials, age, condition, etc) that it is technically impossible, you can only match it as close as possible. To oversimplify, this principle is even more apparent when you begin painting different materials, such as plastic vs. metal (bumpers vs. fenders) as the metallics absorb differently and therefore causes a certain degree of flop. Walk into your local new dealer and pay close attention to bumper to quarterpanel paint variations, you'll find that even when new they don't match exactly (sometimes they match rather well though), and those cars came off the same line around the same time more or less, so imagine trying to paint a fiberglass hardtop for a 5 year old car. I imagine that one reason why Honda stopped shipping the older colors (the old silverstone, yellow, etc) is because of this, but what do I know. You'll always get a better color match if your car is present during the paint mixing, provided the painter's skill is comparable to the guy doing your hardtops. But to be honest, because the hardtop sits on the top and there are many breaks, the difference shouldn't be too noticeable if at all. Problem is that people are hypersensitive when they install/fix a new part, and what went unnoticed before becomes obvious now.
Anyway, if I get another S, I'm def getting this painted hardtop, incredible value, the fact that he paints it and ships/installs it assembled eliminates so many potential headaches and multiple trips to shops, def worth the risk.
Your point is what I tell every single one of my clients. I dont do it much for the money, I do it to make my clients happy and be a 1 for all shop.

The only color I have every had a problem with was yellow due to the pearl in it. The age in color really comes to effect there. We pretty much got silverstone down to the year and condition of your paint.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
Oh do you offer a glass that can use the rear defroster? Would be pretty cool.
I only carry lexan or acrylic. A glass mold runs around 4k : [

Authentic mugen comes with a scratch resident lexan

Quick Reply: FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE