Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE

Old 11-15-2013, 04:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw some samples on their facebook. CNC machined. looked real nice and purrrty
Old 11-15-2013, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will you be announcing the Black Friday sales here? Just want to make sure so I don't miss any of it!
Old 11-15-2013, 07:57 PM

will I be needing that bracket when I order the hardtop?
Old 11-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris05STi
Will you be announcing the Black Friday sales here? Just want to make sure so I don't miss any of it!
Yes, it'll be posted here and facebook

Originally Posted by Lucan
will I be needing that bracket when I order the hardtop?
you don't need it. Although, it's a nice feature to have. The top come on and off within seconds.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:50 PM

ok. if it will make things easy then I will buy it. I just wish you all post the sale now so I can make my purchase....
Old 11-17-2013, 10:39 AM

Got my double-sided 2x2 CF top in a couple weeks ago.
J's diffuser is also from forbidden and 2x2 CF

My experience so far:

Customer Service - 11++/10. Both people I've dealt with there have gone out of their way to help me. Both with pricing, and a small error with a Broadway mirror I ordered was fixed promptly, no questions asked. Another employee also gave me his personal cellphone number and helped me out with the installation of the diffuser on the weekend when they were closed.

Hardtop Quality - 8.5/10. Visually (in my opinion) it couldn't really be any better. Exterior is smooth and glossy with no irregularities in the weave that stand out like a sore thumb. Same goes for the inside.
I got it with the tinted window pre-installed. No leaks there etc.
The 8.5 is for a few small reasons.
1. A small defect behind the passenger window which has made a pretty large gap that will have to be filled with a seal to avoid leaks. You might not even notice it from the exterior unless it was pointed out, but it's noticeable from the interior because you can see daylight and stick your finger through.
2. In my opinion, the mounting areas should be reinforced a bit more.
3. The door seals are good, but i think I will take the top off and use something else to seal the base. I've had to press down quite hard to get all the gaps out and that has lead to it being a bit noisy. Not sure if a thicker seal material will help this or not (I still have to talk to them and get some adjusting advice). I wish I was closer to them so they could adjust it for me, as they have done boat loads of installs.

Diffuser Quality - 9.5+/10. Visually the piece was perfect and came with everything needed to install. Only reason for the 9.5+ here isn't anything to do with the part quality, it's just the inherent fitment "issues" that come with the J's Diffuser. I've never seen one look how I would want it to look, not even the authentic ones.

Would I buy from them again? - Absolutely! I plan on buying the side diffusers when I order my mirrors.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:20 AM

I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a hardtop. I'm interested in the 2x2 CF, Mugen style. What do you guys have in stock? What's the lead time? You can PM me.

I'm also wondering if I should just wait on the OEM hardware kit as well.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:31 PM

Last year I bought a top from forbidden and I loved it. I even convinced my friend to purchase one from them as well and no complaints so, on my way to purchasing another top from them...waiting on that black Friday special
Old 11-25-2013, 12:00 AM

Is it normal for me to have to open the door to roll the windows up fully?

Otherwise it hits the weatherseal on the hardtop and bends it weird.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

I don't have that problem.

It's a very nice and snug fit though! if anything about your front latches or seal is off then I could see it being an issue

Quick Reply: FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE