Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE

Old 02-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by roflitzjinno,Feb 25 2011, 11:45 AM
This is exactly the option I am looking for. When you guys get everything figured out with painting and shipping down to a science you'll have my business.
I will as soon as we get everything together.

I am not to worried about the shipping part as much as the color matching. Some clients just wont understand that there paint fades over time. So if i paint a top to oem specs, the top is going to look brighter then the car itself.

Till this day, i have only had 1 color matching problem going through the dealer which was spa yellow. My painter(which has done over 40 tops for me) did not mind redoing the top but when we deal with shipping parts, how do i take care of the client when this happens?
Old 02-25-2011, 12:44 PM

Yeah that's what I was thinking about as well. I know when I got my ap2 bumpers, they had to re-do them because the bumpers were darker than the rest of the car. They re-did them and they match perfectly now.

I would do it but I would make sure to put in bold letters where everyone can see, and say "We paint the tops to OEM spec. Paint does fade over time and we can not guarantee that the paint will match perfectly to your cars color". Just something along those lines just so people know, and if they get one that isn't perfect then they were clearly informed about it.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you guys decide to provide the painting service, how much extra would that be? including the top ?
Old 02-25-2011, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spyder562,Feb 25 2011, 04:38 PM
I will as soon as we get everything together.

I am not to worried about the shipping part as much as the color matching. Some clients just wont understand that there paint fades over time. So if i paint a top to oem specs, the top is going to look brighter then the car itself.

Till this day, i have only had 1 color matching problem going through the dealer which was spa yellow. My painter(which has done over 40 tops for me) did not mind redoing the top but when we deal with shipping parts, how do i take care of the client when this happens?
I believe a disclaimer should be thrown out that it may or may not paint match each person's car. As you said, paint does fade over time. If you are unable to take care of your car's paint then it just won't match as much as you want it to.

After the top has been shipped and painted, and is not up to the BUYER'S standard. Then I believe it should be the BUYER'S responsiblity to ship it back to you on THEIR dime.

I honestly feel that you are doing us a favor in providing us quality parts that fit and are even going to extra length to paint it for us prior to shipping. I mean this is the best bang for your buck. That's what everyone here wants. You get all you need in one purchase. No need to fuse around with waiting for the top, sending to the paint shop, and then picking up the car.

Then again you're still going to have that one person out of how many people that want everything on a silver platter for them because they are the consumer.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:05 PM

Do the CF hardtops come with clearcoat? If so, please PM price of single sided CF shipped to 35806.

Thank you
Old 02-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by roflitzjinno,Feb 25 2011, 07:54 PM
I believe a disclaimer should be thrown out that it may or may not paint match each person's car. As you said, paint does fade over time. If you are unable to take care of your car's paint then it just won't match as much as you want it to.

After the top has been shipped and painted, and is not up to the BUYER'S standard. Then I believe it should be the BUYER'S responsiblity to ship it back to you on THEIR dime.

I honestly feel that you are doing us a favor in providing us quality parts that fit and are even going to extra length to paint it for us prior to shipping. I mean this is the best bang for your buck. That's what everyone here wants. You get all you need in one purchase. No need to fuse around with waiting for the top, sending to the paint shop, and then picking up the car.

Then again you're still going to have that one person out of how many people that want everything on a silver platter for them because they are the consumer.
I agree with you and will take this into consideration

I already got 9 PM's about painting and shipping and they all seem to like the idea very well.

I will let you guys all know when this idea is up and running

-Alberto
Old 02-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by turkishness,Feb 25 2011, 10:05 PM
Do the CF hardtops come with clearcoat? If so, please PM price of single sided CF shipped to 35806.

Thank you
PM'd

tops come with a gel coat which is UV protected. Top is shine like every other carbon you have seen in the past. This stuff doesnt not fade after 6 months in the sun lol

Adding layers of clear coat just make it a lot more shiner and of course add more protection to the carbon.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much for painted and shipped to 77007?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:37 AM

If you guys end up offering the paint option, how much you think is going to be for OEM colors?
Old 03-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Former Sponsor

FOR ALL ORDERS THAT HAVE BEEN PLACED AND PAID FOR, PLEASE EMAIL ME ASAP.

Hey Guys,

Hows the new s2ki for a change? Well anyways, at the moment I am not talking any orders till my PM's are restored. That was my way of tracking all my clients and orders. You guys can email me for questions.

I have been getting a lot of emails and PM's on how much paint is. Here is a price break down for all those emails and PM's

$$1250 Vacuum Infusion FRP with hardware
$$250 Shipping to all 48 states
$$450 Paint service complete at the Honda Dealer(Single or 2 tone)
$$50 Pre-installation of the window
=$2000 Total

If top doesn't need to be shipped
1750 with instillation of window and to your car

Quick Reply: FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE