Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE

Old 02-12-2012, 12:16 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
I powder coated mine and just noticed now that it only has one hole on the bottom to mount to the car.
^ lol, that isn't right. It's missing the slot to position the second frame bolt.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah figured haha. I'll drill a hole out. Hopefully wont be a pain to align.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is definetly wrong I'll take pics of mine when I get home
Old 02-12-2012, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  IMG_4107.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  92.9 KB
Old 02-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Up definitely don't have that hole haha. I'm not my shop now so hopefully I can just use a drill bit and widen it up a bit.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine came without the holes to like moddiction. I had to drill them out and now I am also having a fitment issue. There is a gap between the car and the hardtop/seal from the sides?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Maybe you drilled the holes a little too high on the bracket? I made sure the holes I drilled had the bracket as far down as it could to hopefully prevent that from happening.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beauty

[/quote]
Old 02-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Recap
Originally Posted by spyder562
Round up of some pictures and reviews part 2

Originally Posted by spyder562' timestamp='1311352933' post='20805278
[quote name='miguel329' timestamp='1311349159' post='20805051']
Here you go dude

Originally Posted by sw20trd
I recently purchased a ForbiddenUSA's Mugen replica hardtop and just wanted to contribute to this thread with a small review. Granted, I do not have extensive experience with bodywork or aftermarket body panels so take this review with a grain of salt if you will. 1) Fitment: It is NOT perfect, but there are no ridiculous gaps or serious issues that require professional work. Obviously, anyone spending $2000+ on a body panel will be a bit anal, but I think that average Joe staring at my car will not notice any flaws/misalignment. Alberto never promised perfection, only the best replica available. I do not have any experience with any other hardtops so I cannot compare, but from all the horror stories I've read about other brands, I'm happy that I purchased the ForbiddenUSA Mugen top. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best (i.e., what I would expect if this was a factory part, factory installed), I would give this top a fitment grade of 9/10.2) Finish: The paint (silverstone) is well-matched and of good quality. The carbon sides and clear coat is beautiful as well. I will have to say that there are a few spots of imperfection, but luckily they are not in highly visible areas. I still have to wait for a cooler day to see if these spots can be cleaned. The rear window also came pretty dirty. Using a wet towel, I wiped off quite a bit of black residue. There are still some dirty spots left, but I will have to wait for a cooler day to clean it up. Finish grade of 7/10. 3) Hardware: The window seals are great, period. Unfortunately, the rear seal is not perfect. The rear seal does a good job sealing the rear portion of the hardtop, but fails to completely seal the two sides near the doors. I've tried fudging around with fitment, but the real problem is, the seal is not tall enough to fill this gap on either side. I will have to visit the hardware store sometime to find something a bit thicker. One problem I ran into was that the bolt heads are exactly the same size as the holes on the brackets. The problem? Well, the bolts are not doing their job holding the top in place because they can't. I had to run to the hardware store to buy washers. My hardtop also had a missing bolt, credit goes to my wife for running to Lowe's to grab me a replacement. Lastly, it would have been nice if the brackets came anodized or painted black. The naked steel is a bit of an eye sore. Hardware grade of 6/10.4) Customer Service: Alberto is excellent as promised. I did have a day or two that I wasn't able to get a hold of him, but he explained, and remained in contact through phone for all of my remaining questions/concerns. Shipping was fast and exactly as promised. The hardtop was not packaged in magical fluff, but the amount of bubble sheets and boxes used was sufficient to protect the hardtop. Customer service grade of 9/10.Overall, being that this ForbiddenUSA hardtop is one of the cheapest and best fitting (and lightest!) replicas, I say buy with confidence. Alberto and ForbiddenUSA stand behind their product so you can rest easy that you won't get screwed over.Thanks for all your help, Alberto.Stevenps. My Mugen hardtop replica is apparently the one photographed at the studio in Alberto's previous post #496 https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/826...t__p__20722269.

Originally Posted by I<3myap1
I love this top! Much better then the VIS one that I had! Alberto and Eulises have been extremely helpful! Dont hesitate to buy from these guys

Originally Posted by MBHs2k
ok so i took a few more pics of my new top. unfortnately these are cell phone pics but you get the idea!

Originally Posted by OZS2KCA
Hey Guys, here are some shots of the top installed on my car. The window is now install btw! I picked up the hardtop from spider about 3 months ago w/o paint or window install since my car was going to get resprayed. The fitment is really good and I am really happy with it. This is the Infused FRP with carbon fiber sides

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k' timestamp='1317303493' post='21022332
[quote name='spyder562' timestamp='1317279788' post='21021746']will post them up tomorrow morning
i can't wait to see it!
Pictures infusion painted silverstone
Originally Posted by chun
Alberto,You ship my HT? It is starting to rain here!
ChunTop is complete and will be leaving long beach Monday morning. Here are pictures of your top which I am in love withInfusion with carbon sides
[/quote]
[/quote]
Old 02-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Recap 2
Round up of some pictures and reviews

Originally Posted by red@9k' timestamp='1305567409' post='20580772
Pics of my 1x1 double sided carbon

Originally Posted by 05APdeuce
Finally got my top this weekend and on the car today. Fitment is spot on and it looks great. I still have some work to do on the car like put the black windshield tape back on and some paint work. but I wanted to post some pics of the top and my thoughts on it. The 2x2 weave is sexy as hell and matches perfect with my hood and trunk. Albert is a really good guy to deal with and really knows his stuff when it comes to hardtops. I will be picking up a carbon J's style diffuser very soon as well. Thanks Albert and I look forward to doing business with you again very soon. With that said lets move on to the pics.....

Originally Posted by pawpaw504
look what just came in..no hardware was installed, just laid the top on.. fits good.

Infusion Carbon sides painted silverstone

Quick Reply: FORBIDDEN-USA MUGEN STYLE HARDTOPS *** TAX SEASON SALE