Sponsor S2000 Exterior and S2000 Interior Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 Body and S2000 Interior accessories

★★★ OFFICIAL GROUP BUY for ENKEI RP03 (17x10 +45) ★★★

Old 07-13-2012, 07:19 PM

Received 613 Likes on 428 Posts

1.Squirtle/ Whatever color is cheapest (probably silver) (Can we buy only 2 wheels? I only want to run this size in teh rear but will buy a full set if I have to)
2. Bullwings 1 set - any color, whatever is cheapest or whatever people prefer to get this moving (matte black preferred)
3. Dipstick 1 set - silver
4. f20kills 1 set? - silver
5. Ddess 1 set - any color
6. Ghostsnake (2 wheels?) - any color
7. gregory2d 1 set - any color

More people!!!

I need a set of track wheels for next season's S2K Challenge. These are perfect for the track. Strong and durable, unlike RPF-1s. The spoke design also appears to be very BBK friendly. And, the offsets are reasonable where you can fit them under stock fenders with a roll+ slight pull, and bumper tab relocation.

These will be hellafunctional while still looking pretty good (unlike the NT03+M in 17s - kinda funky looking). You won't have to worry about rubbing on your A-arms or other suspension pieces when at full lock and/or compression.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by S2k007
I asked this in the other thread but didn't get an answer. What is the exact face Enkei will use for this? Will it be the face used on the 17x9.5+38s? The picture in the opening post on the S2000 is 17x9.5+38 not 10 inch width.

Also, is hyperblack available?

Was not trying to ignore you, I tried to address all concerns in my OP up top, I knew I was bound to leave something out.

Yes. The face will be very close to the ones in the above picture, that is my understanding from ENKEI. What exactly is the main concern here? It's level concavity? Keep in mind that the wheel can not be changed that much. It's made of one type of mold. I think you are concerned about the face of the wheel being flat. I don't see it happening. Either way, it's going to look sick and it's the right fitment under a large consensus. How to confirm definitively? Not until I get a large list going and ENKEI and make a set for me to try out or one wheel for test and fitment purposes. I wouldn't worry too much when it's a minor difference in sizing here. Were not pulling crazy extreme's like you would with weird NT03's in ultra high offset's.

I stand corrected on the fitment with the S2000 above. It has been edited. The wheels can made in HYPER-BLACK but if there isn't a large mass of people leaning for this, I don't see it happening. People may want to go with just silver due to it being cheaper. Please put down a color of your choice regardless. I'd like to speak with ENKEI about accomodating everyone's color requests but its going to get tricky and I'm not promising a thing on that front.

KEEP THE LIST GOING PEOPLE !!! LOVING IT !!!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the response. And yes I like the face in that size/offset so I just wanted to confirm if that was the face used. I'm fine with Silver though although I'd like hyperblack as well.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Per the Enkei web site the RP03 in a 17x10 +18 is 21.2 lbs, heavy

http://enkei.com/size_chart/RP03.pdf
Old 07-14-2012, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to chime in a few things here:
1. Confirming the ones in the photo are 17x9.5 +38 as I took the photo and those are now my wheels.
2. The RP03 is a very light wheel for its size. I tossed a friend's FN01RC in 17x10 +35(?) on my car to help him check fitment, and the RP03 was significantly lighter.
3. I feel that you are correct that the wheel face will not change much, the 9.5+38 has a fairly large backplate, so they will most likely just be molding with a smaller one to compensate for offset. Don't quote me on that though, as I'm no wheel manufacturer.
4. For anyone who is curious about fitment, I have pictures posted on here, just search my posts. My fenders are rolled and pulled with flaring up front. I'm at probably a 2" drop with -2F, -3R camber with 255/40 tires. I rub in hard cornering and over large bumps, but it is daily driven with no problems. These are going to fit pretty much the same, so just an FYI. If I were to run maybe a half degree more of camber, my rubbing issues would probably go away.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by markhs2
Per the Enkei web site the RP03 in a 17x10 +18 is 21.2 lbs, heavy

http://enkei.com/size_chart/RP03.pdf

Brake clearance = weight (maybe a toss up here)
Strength > weight
Brake Clearance > look/style
Strength > Look/style + weight
Price + Brake clearance + Strength >>> Look/style + weight

And most importantly, the price is right. The whole purpose of this group buy, which is why it was originally posted/discussed in R&C forum, was to get an affordable wheel with the correct offsets in 17x10 that was also pretty strong. Clearing a BBK was an added bonus. Most of the track guys (not auto-x) were willing to sacrifice weight as a trade off for added durability and strength.

Everyone wants a strong, light weight, concave spoke w/ lip, wheel that will clear a BBK. And there are wheels available for that, if you're willing to pony up $3000-$4000 for a set. Volk, BBS, SSR, Fikse, Kinesis and a number of other custom wheels will make close to whatever you want.

Right now, this group buy is trying to address the above market at an affordable price. The trade off is added weight for durability. I'd much rather have a heavier wheel that can stand up to track abuse versus a light weight wheel that constantly bends and breaks (ala RPF-1 style).

For track use, I'd much rather have a set of these wheels and the essex/urge AP BBK than one set of nice Volks or BBS. A set of Volks in this size would like cost something like $3200 or so. $1300 (RP03 wheels) + $1999 (BBK) = $3300. That sounds much more appealing to me. Or, two sets of these wheels $2600 + a set of RS3s w/alignment $600 = $3200. You don't need super high end wheels for track days, you just need the right fit, size, brake clearance, and durability. Andrie Hartanto from Prima Racing raced/races professionally using ROTA Grids.

All of that was discussed to some extent in the thread below (it's 10 pages long). I also covers why Enkei can't make the RPF-1 in a +60ish offset.
ENKEI WHEEL "GROUP BUY" FEELER THREAD

Btw, these wheels look much nicer than I expected on that S above. They're definitely nicer than the convex 17" NT03+M, which was the other "track" oriented wheel that was being discussed, due to it's durability/strength.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by The Internet
4. For anyone who is curious about fitment, I have pictures posted on here, just search my posts. My fenders are rolled and pulled with flaring up front. I'm at probably a 2" drop with -2F, -3R camber with 255/40 tires. I rub in hard cornering and over large bumps, but it is daily driven with no problems. These are going to fit pretty much the same, so just an FYI. If I were to run maybe a half degree more of camber, my rubbing issues would probably go away.
This roll/flare was done by SpunkySandoval for a track car. That's the main reason for the push toward the slightly higher +45 offset. I know of two guys that ran 17x10 +45 Volk CE28s at the track on stock fenders. RPF-1 is made in 17x10 +38 and will not fit unless you completely flare them all the way out. The FN01RC 17x9 +42 fits on stock fenders too. Offset is more important for fit anything below +40 is a tough fit unless you're running 7" wheels or something lol

Anyway, pics of spunkysandoval's roll.

17x10 +50 and 255 RS3s on mildly flared fenders I (spunkysandoval) did a while back. Camber specs were very mild, but I cant remember the exact number.

By spunkysandoval at 2012-06-06

Old 07-14-2012, 03:17 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

id take 5 or 6 rims in sbc if the price is right!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

added myself as #8:

1.Squirtle/ Whatever color is cheapest (probably silver) (Can we buy only 2 wheels? I only want to run this size in teh rear but will buy a full set if I have to)
2. Bullwings 1 set - any color, whatever is cheapest or whatever people prefer to get this moving (matte black preferred)
8. Cooper4x 1 set- black
Old 07-16-2012, 11:26 PM

Bumping and updating list...

1.Squirtle 1 set (or 2 wheels if he can split - maybe with Ghostsnake below) - Whatever color is cheapest (probably silver)
8. Cooper4x 1 set- black
9. Topplayer 5 or 6 rims - SBC

Quick Reply: ★★★ OFFICIAL GROUP BUY for ENKEI RP03 (17x10 +45) ★★★