Sponsor S2000 Engine and S2000 Drivetrain Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 engine and S2000 drivetrain products

SakeBomb Garage Oil Cooler Kit

Old 01-11-2016, 11:33 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ViperASR
I got to install one of these last night. I'm sure the car owner can post some pictures of the unit installed.

Really didn't run into any serious issues with the install. Mounting brackets were well designed, and fit snugly in the cooler. Everything lined up to the chassis no problem (MY 2003). Lines looked good, and everything was tight. The brackets for holding the lines where it comes into the engine bay was a nice touch. Everything seemed quality. No leaks on startup.

However, the lines were a little longer than I expected. I think this is because it was designed with the stock airbox in mind, so with a cold air intake there's not a need for long lines. It's going to take a little creative engineering to secure them away from touching anything, especially the wiring loom that run behind the front cross member, but its not a huge issue. Only thing I could think of this morning was that the Mocal plate should be oriented different than we installed it, we have the cooler lines facing the ground.

Nice kit guys
This is my car. Will figure out a way to keep lines away from loom and condenser line there. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Very happy with the kit so far. Looking forward to testing this on the track in 1.5 weeks
Old 01-13-2016, 05:14 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Do you have any details about the rear brake kit? Do you have a price? The rotor dimensions in one pic say 314mm x 20mm, is that correct? What rear caliper you using, rx7? Definitely very interested but slightly annoyed I didn't see this earlier.. Details please!

Picture i saw on your photobucket page: Name:  98373BA0-B021-4285-B608-C15F70119A2E_zpsaiinhida.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  342.6 KB
Old 01-13-2016, 07:24 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Do you have any details about the rear brake kit? Do you have a price? The rotor dimensions in one pic say 314mm x 20mm, is that correct? What rear caliper you using, rx7? Definitely very interested but slightly annoyed I didn't see this earlier.. Details please!

Picture i saw on your photobucket page:
Very interesting. Does it retain parking brake?
Old 01-13-2016, 09:34 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by King Tut
There's a JDM "kit" that was in the "cheap BBK" thread that uses an rx7 spirit R rotor and rx7 rear caliper w/ hardware. Of course it comes from japan so a few brackets and hardware were $500 shipped, and the rotors have to come from japan so I ordered the Urge kit. It kept the parking brake w/ a simple adapter. Only slight downside is it shifts brake bias to the front (it uses a smaller diameter piston), but not too much that it can probably be addressed by pad compound.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:54 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by King Tut
Originally Posted by SlowTeg' timestamp='1452694487' post='23851065

Picture i saw on your photobucket page:
Give us a week or so and we'll be able to answer all questions (for reference the picture above is our rear brake kit for the FD, but the S2k setup is pretty similar).

To give a quick teaser, the brakes are directional vented 314x20mm, and yes, it retains the e-brake!
Old 02-01-2016, 03:32 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Hey you guys, we're running a sale on the coolers for the next two weeks as everyone (at least on the west coast) is getting ready for track season ... $65 off any kit in stock. Limited quantites but we've got a large stocking order of S2K, Miata, and FD cooler kits coming in and are trying to make some room on the shelves.

Use code S2K2016COOLER at check-out
(while supplies last)

http://www.sakebombgarage.com/oil-cooler-kit-s2000/

Old 04-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

We now offer inline sensor adapters for 1/8" NPT sensors (-10in/out). Please contact us if you'd like to add one to your setup for temp or pressure monitoring. This is an easy option for those that do not want to bother tapping the included filter-pedestal plate.

The cooler kits are currently on sale through the end of the month!

http://www.sakebombgarage.com/sbg-co...-system-s2000/
Old 04-08-2016, 10:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there an option to add 2 sensor inputs?

If so how do I add that to my order.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Originally Posted by DHonovich

We do have sensor adapter available by special request. Just shoot me an email and I'll help you out, info@sakebombgarage.com
(we've still got to add that product option). These are -10AN adapters which allow 1/8NPT sensor to be installed
-Heath
Old 04-12-2016, 05:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SakeBomb Garage
Originally Posted by DHonovich' timestamp='1460138860' post='23932504

We do have sensor adapter available by special request. Just shoot me an email and I'll help you out, info@sakebombgarage.com
(we've still got to add that product option). These are -10AN adapters which allow 1/8NPT sensor to be installed
-Heath
One thing I noticed with my adapter, which I would assume is what you're using, is that I had to get a 1/8NPT spacer to push the sensor a bit more out, it wouldn't fully thread before the sensor bottomed out on the adapter.

Quick Reply: SakeBomb Garage Oil Cooler Kit