Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Yes we can drive our s2000's in the winter

Old 12-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

man subjecting my S to the snow and more importantly salt just the thought makes me cringe.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xplizitremix,Dec 9 2010, 05:14 PM
blah blah blah

Why risk your car and it's parts when you are afraid to drive in the winter and you have no pride and want to drive a $500 POS
Fixed.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:38 AM

This is my beater:

Blizzaks make it a fantastic dd
Old 12-12-2010, 07:51 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well said. I also get annoyed when people think I'm crazy for driving my S2K in the winter. I hear it at least 5 times a week from different, random people.

I live in downtown Toronto, and own a small restaurant in the financial district. I live literally 2km from work. My car goes to/from:

A - the heated underground parking garage at my condo
B - the heated underground parking garage below my shop.
C - to visit my parents in Richmond Hill every Sunday (pending clear weather)

Although the car barely sees snow, I still put on a set of Toyo Garit KX's mounted on steelies for the added insurance. I simply can not justify paying for year-round storage fees (s2k winter / beater summer), extra cost for a beater, extra maintenance costs for said beater, extra insurance, etc... Especially given that I only drive well under 100 km per week...
Old 12-13-2010, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Woodson,Dec 10 2010, 11:59 AM
Fixed.
don't hate cause i have a beater and your forced to drive the S through the winter.

I doubt anyone who has a choice if they could afford or have a beater would rather drive their S through the winter.

Pussy? hah More like smart

Id out run you on track off track any time of the day

don't get smart with comments like that just stating clear facts.

I understand storage fees are a concern, i live in a house so the S goes in side my dailiy goes outside. simple as that.

Dailys an SIR with winters which drives a lot easier, a lot more care free then driving my summer car around
Old 12-29-2010, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by xplizitremix,Dec 13 2010, 07:40 AM
don't hate cause i have a beater and your forced to drive the S through the winter.

I doubt anyone who has a choice if they could afford or have a beater would rather drive their S through the winter.

Pussy? hah More like smart

Id out run you on track off track any time of the day

don't get smart with comments like that just stating clear facts.

I understand storage fees are a concern, i live in a house so the S goes in side my dailiy goes outside. simple as that.

Dailys an SIR with winters which drives a lot easier, a lot more care free then driving my summer car around
I think that's a bit harsh man....

I've had the choice to store all of the s2000'sd I've owned and chose to drive them daily... To each their own.

It's always nice to have a DD and a toy (But I knew i'd never keep the S forever, so I enjoyed them).

Most guys and gals make the mistake of getting the cheapest DD and then realize it's quite the headache with small fixes, which add up.

Everyone has their own opinions, you shouldn't jump on them and say it's stupid....

Old 12-29-2010, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by xplizitremix,Dec 13 2010, 06:40 AM
That would make you incorrect as well.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:46 AM

Old 12-30-2010, 08:12 AM

That a boy Epic
Old 12-30-2010, 11:32 AM

Ok.. But do all of those cars belong to you.. Or are they family cars that are "shared"?

It's cool if they are all yours! For sure..

To me its just easier to drive a car that's FWD or AWD in the winter. I also don't have to think twice about going out in the winter storm.. For sure I would think twice about going out in the winter storm in any RWD car, not just a S2K. Even if I had a crown vic for a daily/beater.

Its not to say that the s2k is some holy grail car that some make it out to be.. I personally prefer wish to preserve mine a bit longer and want to hang on to it for as long as possible. Many people that with other cars that aren't RWD even. Nothing wrong with that.

Quick Reply: Yes we can drive our s2000's in the winter