Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

WTB: low km s2000

Old 10-03-2006, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With this site as a resource, it really makes no sense to buy an S from someone in the autotrader.

Most of the members here can vouch for the cars being sold. They know the owner, they know the car, and they know what the car's been through.

Not only that, but there's a lot to owning this car that people just don't know about unless they're on this site. Seriously. Take a look at the number of used S's with 225's in the rear for example.

You may spend a bit more to by James' car, but you'll be getting a much better car in the process.

Unless you can afford to buy new, buying from someone on this site is the only way you'll know how the car's been treated.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:01 PM

If you buy in Florida you'll have to pay SET tax, which I'm fairly sure you can't get out of.

You get no warranty (which you're out of anyhow in this case) and no bling. James hand carried all the mugen parts on it through the airport himself.

If it was me, and I wasn't going to buy new, then I'd buy his. It only makes sense. Going to the US for used seems dopey to me for the effort.

I'm not trying to upsell his car, someone will buy it and knowing James he couldn't give a shit if it sat there and dust collected on it for 10 years, its just not important to him anymore....I was exactly the same way earlier in the year.

Its your dough and you'll do what you want, but its a car and you'll tire of it sooner than you think.

Oh yeah and you can offer him a price and see if he goes for it, the easier you make it the easier he'll part.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:10 PM

You either pay now or later.

Personally, Id rather pay now for the car that I have total confidence in then pick up a Katrina car in FL.

If James was asking a price that is in line for CDN cars, you've found a steal. He should be asking MORE.

His is probably the best one. Even another CDN car is likely to come with an unknown history. We know of MANY S2000s that were written off and then sold as clean on autotrader. We've watched them get written off and then watched the show up in the trader, in different cities even.

The chances are high that if you buy an unknown car for cheaper than what a good car sells for you will end up with a mess. The chances are reasonable that even if you pay up for what looks to be a good car, you will end up with at least a few surprises.

James' car is what it is. MINT.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:13 PM

If you want to go on the cheap, go on the REAL cheap. You can probably pick up an S2000 for US$12ish.... If youre going to play roulette, at least make it worthwhile.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:16 PM

I agree, and i know mugen is one of the best...who knows if he still has his car around and if he still wants to sell it in a couple of months or so then maybe i'll pick it up....all iam saying is i have all of winter to look for one so iam just waiting it out...i had a price in my mind now because thats how much cash i have on hand without going for a loan...and i don't wanna have a school and a car loan at the same time...if all else fails maybe i will pick up that civic lol:....i graduate in a year and i could always wait until then and pick up an 07 or something entirly different...who knew trying to buy a car would be this hard
Old 10-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Former Moderator

Let me put it this way.. If his car was silver I would sell mine at a loss, and buy his in a second for the parts alone. Why don't I just buy his parts you ask? I'm far to lazy to go thru that hassle.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:18 PM

Isn't part of his car silver?

Old 10-03-2006, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by BioBanker,Oct 3 2006, 01:13 PM
If you want to go on the cheap, go on the REAL cheap. You can probably pick up an S2000 for US$12ish.... If youre going to play roulette, at least make it worthwhile.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by type-j,Oct 3 2006, 06:46 PM
I agree, and i know mugen is one of the best...who knows if he still has his car around and if he still wants to sell it in a couple of months or so then maybe i'll pick it up....all iam saying is i have all of winter to look for one so iam just waiting it out...i had a price in my mind now because thats how much cash i have on hand without going for a loan...and i don't wanna have a school and a car loan at the same time...if all else fails maybe i will pick up that civic lol:....i graduate in a year and i could always wait until then and pick up an 07 or something entirly different...who knew trying to buy a car would be this hard
Smart.

Thats a different story IMO.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:29 PM

Yep, I can see that point.

Plus its a car we've all moved on from anyhow, you will enjoy our sloppy seconds at some point.

Quick Reply: WTB: low km s2000