Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Wheel Powder Coating

Old 06-14-2011, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Powder Coating

Anyone know roughly how much it would cost to powder coat 5 18" wheels? they are currently mounted on the vehicle. Also how long would I be without the wheels while they are being powder coated?

Thanks
Old 06-14-2011, 08:50 AM

Dude ur s2000 has 5 wheels mounted?!!! Talk about crazy grip in the hair pin!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:55 AM

prices are usually 100-175 per rim for powder coating however there is a place in kitchener that will powder coat for 200.00 bucks for a set of four (that is inclusive of sandblasting down to the bare substrate). I'll find the info and post it up after I get off work.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Reapur
Dude ur s2000 has 5 wheels mounted?!!! Talk about crazy grip in the hair pin!
Lol... Not for S2K for my Jeep
Old 06-14-2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
prices are usually 100-175 per rim for powder coating however there is a place in kitchener that will powder coat for 200.00 bucks for a set of four (that is inclusive of sandblasting down to the bare substrate). I'll find the info and post it up after I get off work.
Thats perfect - thanks!
Old 06-14-2011, 10:40 AM

This was taken from 8thcivic.com:

So everyone knows the contact information is 519-664-2282, it will be bast tire in waterloo ontario... it is on 1 bast road which is off of lobsinger line which is off of king street (just past the st. jacobs farmers market)

WHEN AND IF YOU CALL:

ask directly for Joe Penny, he doesnt work Fridays so dont bother calling on Fridays... If you are going to go he is at bay door 15, just knock on the bay door and he will open it... his shop is technically separate from Bast but he works through them. Any sales done through bast will be higher priced. Call Joe directly and tell him that Scott with the Habi Red Civic w/ the Bronze Rims sent you - he said he would look after my referrals... he will probably charge a little more then what I got but be realistic, if you are looking to powder coat rims you are looking at best for 350 - call around... hell I will give you the names of places I called and he smokes them in price, quality and customer service...

His company is called Nucoat Poweder Refinishing or something like that...

I HIGHLY recommend them... Let me know if you have any questions

Old 06-14-2011, 10:53 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
This was taken from 8thcivic.com:

So everyone knows the contact information is 519-664-2282, it will be bast tire in waterloo ontario... it is on 1 bast road which is off of lobsinger line which is off of king street (just past the st. jacobs farmers market)

WHEN AND IF YOU CALL:

ask directly for Joe Penny, he doesnt work Fridays so dont bother calling on Fridays... If you are going to go he is at bay door 15, just knock on the bay door and he will open it... his shop is technically separate from Bast but he works through them. Any sales done through bast will be higher priced. Call Joe directly and tell him that Scott with the Habi Red Civic w/ the Bronze Rims sent you - he said he would look after my referrals... he will probably charge a little more then what I got but be realistic, if you are looking to powder coat rims you are looking at best for 350 - call around... hell I will give you the names of places I called and he smokes them in price, quality and customer service...

His company is called Nucoat Poweder Refinishing or something like that...

I HIGHLY recommend them... Let me know if you have any questions
Nice he's local.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is he giving this the referrer cash for every person he sends to him?
Old 06-14-2011, 11:20 AM

lol I know Scott personally. I don't think there are any kickbacks. Scott's a stand up guy and was just helping out fellow members because powder coating prices are ridiculous at the best of times.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:31 AM

If you're in Toronto/Mississauga check out Metal Coaters 905 671 2772. A member referred them to me when i needed my roll bar powder coated and they did an excellent job. I asked about powder coating 4 rims and he said it could be as low as $200 for the set depending on the condition of the rims. Give them a call and see what they say.

Quick Reply: Wheel Powder Coating