Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Welding Seminar hands on at Auto Analyser Performance

Old 02-25-2013, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welding Seminar hands on at Auto Analyser Performance

Hi Guys,

We're hosting the second annual HADA welding seminar at Auto Analyser Performance and wanted to share this with the S2ki members.
Our S2000 time attack build will be on hand to check out as well.

Here are the details:
My link

HADA TECH-O-RAMA 2013 – WELDING 102 – Saturday Mar 9th 2013

HADA Motorsports Club in conjunction with Auto Analyser Performance is happy to announce the Second Welding TECH-O-RAMA (Tech Session)

Have you wondered what welding was about, and wanted to try, but was not willing/able to spend the $$$ to buy a welder just to experiment or try it out?

Has your significant other been on your case for a stainless-steel toilet roll holder?

Are you tired of your zip tied to the roll cage oil-pressure gauge flopping about and want to see if you could actually make something bling for your Whip?

Well this is your chance to try your hand at MIG (GMAW) and TIG (GTAW) Welding.

Andy an Andrew of Auto Analyser Performance have graciously opened up their shop to host a welding tech session on Saturday March 9th 2013 From NOON TILL 5PM
Andrew, Andy, and Darren will be on hand to demonstrate various welding techniques and you will then have an opportunity to try welding in Mild Steel with Mig and TIG Welders

The Plan / Schedule:
Noon till 5PM approximately

Sign-up:
Please respond to this thread, or email me directly andrew@autoanalyser.com if you wish to attend. We need to know who and how many are attending so that we can prepare appropriately
The Cut-off date to sign-up for this session will be Thursday Feb 28th

We will be limiting the Session to 12 attendee’s as we found that was about optimum, currently FULL.
Confirmed:
Jfusion
Myflys2k
Reapur
RSXiness03
S2kobsession
C63AMG
**** There will be a Small Materials cost ($20) to Cover Practice Metal, expendables etc ****
Old 02-25-2013, 10:01 AM

Received 3,774 Likes on 2,661 Posts

This sounds like a lot of fun, I might try to fit it into my schedule if I can swing it.

I think I will tell my wife that I have a work seminar to attend that day, lol. Anyone else up for doing this ?

Thanks for posting Andrew
Old 02-25-2013, 10:20 AM

The event was really well received last year, I'm sure everyone that comes out will enjoy it. We've got some great equipment here you can try out and learn some skills from some experienced welders.

Location is in Caledon East Ontario, we're about 15 minutes from 427 and hwy 7.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Crap, always wanted to learn. I'd be up for this if I could get someone to cover my shift at work
Old 02-26-2013, 09:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I may be in for this one!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:15 AM

Excellent! excited to see some interest, will be a great day for sure!
Everyone, please send me an email with your full name once you know you can make it.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 AM

Was doing some planning last night and I have a bunch of aluminum charge pipe off cuts that will be great to learn to tig aluminum on and how to build intercooler and air intake plumbing.
Also have some stainless exhaust off cuts we can practice on and go over gas purging and the alternatives like solar paste that can be used to ensure good weld quality and nice smooth surface on the inside.
We'll do the oxy/acetylene welding station as well and of course Mig welding and all the other good stuff mentioned above.
Excited to see everyone, would be great if we can get a few more S2ki members out!

Andrew
Old 02-27-2013, 06:04 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Interested as well.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:26 AM

Received 3,774 Likes on 2,661 Posts

Hey Andrew, myflys2k and myself should be up for this event. One of us will email you to confirm attendance by both of us shortly. Thanks again for offering this to us.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kryptonite
Crap, always wanted to learn. I'd be up for this if I could get someone to cover my shift at work
This was my thought too, darn work

Quick Reply: Welding Seminar hands on at Auto Analyser Performance