Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

weednamese

Old 03-01-2013, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out of respect for one of our deceased local members, I've edited the few posts above. This is a thread to let other members know of this event, period. We don't need reasons why it happened, we don't need any full circle comments. The situation is very unfortunate. It's not the first time an acquaintance/friend of mine has been murdered and it's no joke, regardless of the reason.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 AM

Never met the guy but this is sad.

Makes you realize how fragile life is.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:08 AM

/\

yes.

Does anyone know if there will be funeral/visitation?
If so, please post the info. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:29 AM

i had actually met tony in gr. 3 and grew up with him. he had influenced me greatly into getting an s2000 for my first car. when i got it, he drove me to empty parking lots at 2am to help me learn to drive manual. I had zero experience at all and he was patient enough with me to give me multiple lessons.
he helped to mod my car and helped with all the common s2000 problems.

although, everyone may not agree with the way he decided to earn money, he still treated everyone around him with respect. this wouldn't be the right place for me to voice my opinion on how i feel about the way he earned his living. Everybody has to eat, but not everyone i know is willing to share.

This is something that I can say I will remember about him. He was willing to give back to his friends. He always insisted on covering the bill. If I had left the table for anything at all even for just a minute, he would already have the bill settled. When he invited me out to have dinner with his friends, he would even pay for my share of the bill if there was a group bill. If i paid for the bill, he would ask me how much it was or just approximate how much it was, leave the amount on the table, and say "take it or leave it", as we walked out.

He was someone who i could call and ask for advice. i remember i called him on that day to ask him for his opinion on something. he told me "don't worry, just go do you're thing. f@#k what they think."

rip tony. I'll always remember the fun times we had growing up
Old 03-01-2013, 08:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kobsession
RIP Tony.
The first time I met Tony was on a wine tour probably 3 or 4 years ago. It was a long day, but he insisted in us stopping for dinner at East Side Marios on the way home, and picking up the tab. There were at least 10 of us who went for dinner, and he didn't know any of us 8 hours prior to that. Regardless of whether it was hard earned cash or earned in 5min from a chop, people don't do things like this in this day and age.

We went on a few cruises after the wine tour, but lost touch 2 years ago about. He was just an easy going guy who didn't let the small things bother him. Reading this was very upsetting, but thank you for passing the news onto our community. I really hope that the truth comes to light and this situation isn't just pushed to the side because of his "extensive criminal record for trafficking and possessing drugs". So many times, no attention is given to situations like this, but it is what it is.
RIP Tony. That was the first wine tour and he created a few memorable moments. In the limited time I knew Tony, I knew that he was an extemely generous person. He bought everyone on the wine tour dinner, drinks and spared no expense to have a good time and all this for people he never knew a few hours earlier.

My wife and I are saddend by this news and extend our deepest condolences to the Nguyen family.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 PM

thats serious, he bought some parts off of me when he still had his s2000 and his cousin bought one of my ap2's

RIP
Old 03-02-2013, 07:55 AM

RIP Tony.

As what Chris and Nick said - i won't forget the time he just chilled on his trunk and just caved it in, not giving two shits about it.

sad to hear this type of stuff. he was a stand up dude from the brief times i met the guy at the wine tours. 25 is was too young.. no matter what.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:42 PM

i <3 my ap2 nfr

EDIT: i remember buying it from you with tony, but you weren't there and it was your crappy replacement who attempted to take care of things.

Originally Posted by mancyk86
thats serious, he bought some parts off of me when he still had his s2000 and his cousin bought one of my ap2's

RIP