Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

we need more meets! Sept meet and then Oct wine cruise?

Old 08-29-2011, 09:07 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There are several members (myself included) who would be more than happy to take you around the track a few times or all day so you can experience for yourself what this car was meant for.
Hmmm. That would be cool since I am not a big fan of the idea of tracking my car but I have always wanted to feel the car pushed on a track. I should go to the next one
Old 08-29-2011, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

100% down for the next wine tour! And I'm pretty sure last tour the tasters were so big we were practically all drunk by the time we left LOL. Maybe we could pick an indoor winery so its not freezing out? Haha
Old 08-29-2011, 09:27 AM

We are going September 7th. There will probably be 5 s2k's or so there.

The only responsibility you have as a passenger is to hold the stop watch and not puke.

Originally Posted by Himura357
There are several members (myself included) who would be more than happy to take you around the track a few times or all day so you can experience for yourself what this car was meant for.
Hmmm. That would be cool since I am not a big fan of the idea of tracking my car but I have always wanted to feel the car pushed on a track. I should go to the next one

Old 08-29-2011, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didnt feel like it was a busy summer for s2ki meets all that much. Most areas have some kind of coffee meet setup weekly or bi-weekly. 905 rides has a cruise night every Sunday (which I plan to go to!). Most areas host cruises through their back roads once a month, sometimes more, and there are track days joinable. Not sure when the last parking lot inspection at a timmies was though . There is nothin wrong with meeting there. I have been at the 403 and dundas timmies, a cop car may roll through, but sometimes it is just to say Hi. I know, I know, Im free to setup meets myself, and definitely should have. At the moment, no car. I agree with afzan though, a track day isnt really a meet. You gotta pay to spectate
Old 08-29-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by FluKy15
a track day isnt really a meet. You gotta pay to spectate
Not I!!!!! BWUAHAHAHAHAHHA
Anyways, if anyone is interested next month (probably mid September or early October) Myself and my friend with the black SIR (the people who met up with us up on Southwood should remember) are planning on going back up there for some star gazing.
Don't know if anyone who was there noticed, but the spot we met up ws a star look out. I can only imagine what it would be like on a clear cooler night. Only thing is figuring out a time to drive all that way when you know it will be a clear at night.
I will be out first Wednesday of September, to hopefully track my car and get some much much better pics. IfI don't track my car someone is taking me around in thiers this time.
And I'm going to try to make it out to the wine tour cruise this year. Hopefully my schedule allows it this time.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:06 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The only responsibility you have as a passenger is to hold the stop watch and not puke.
I can do that, but only if I can yell at you like Jackie Stewart =P

IN, IN, IN, IN, IN, POWER, MORE POWER, FULL POWER!!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5rpFXdWtK4[/media]
Old 08-29-2011, 10:14 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by SpidArman
Not I!!!!! BWUAHAHAHAHAHHA
Anyways, if anyone is interested next month (probably mid September or early October) Myself and my friend with the black SIR (the people who met up with us up on Southwood should remember) are planning on going back up there for some star gazing.
Don't know if anyone who was there noticed, but the spot we met up ws a star look out. I can only imagine what it would be like on a clear cooler night. Only thing is figuring out a time to drive all that way when you know it will be a clear at night.
I will be out first Wednesday of September, to hopefully track my car and get some much much better pics. IfI don't track my car someone is taking me around in thiers this time.
And I'm going to try to make it out to the wine tour cruise this year. Hopefully my schedule allows it this time.
Yeah I wanted to do another southwood cruise end of sept or October. Mike has the contact info of the s2k'er that lives in the area - he's going to find out if the construction there is finished yet. If it's not finished then I wouldn't go there yet
Old 08-29-2011, 10:18 AM

Ya we figured we would just skip out that shitty section anyways, and only drive that small section from Torrence to the look out.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:01 PM

speaking of meets.. the subbies meet every tues night @ leslie & lakeshore. recently a lot of s2k's are coming out, so come by that. talk to bonkers or to mr. seymour butts, they know the deets.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:05 PM

I met up with guys in Grimsby and we went for a nice cruise to the tunnel in Thorold which was fun. I wouldn't mind doing that again. I was the guy that was the lead car.

Quick Reply: we need more meets! Sept meet and then Oct wine cruise?