Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

we need more meets! Sept meet and then Oct wine cruise?

Old 08-27-2011, 08:18 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default we need more meets! Sept meet and then Oct wine cruise?

Anyways onto the subject at hand! I met a new/recent member and he mentioned that s2ki doesn't have many meets - it's true, aside from the big/infrequent meets there aren't many.
We need some more meets - anyone have some ideas for a late Sept meet? Dyno meet maybe? A cruise somewhere? a hardpark meet (Danio - this has your name all over it! haha), Go kart meet? etc

I'm assuming we'll be able to convince Dom to organize the wine cruise again this year (let me know if you need a ride Dom!) - so that'd be good for October before most people put their cars into storage

What do you guys think?
Old 08-27-2011, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

End of september when my car is back I want to do a cruise, just want to finalize time frames of installation and so on . Maybe some kind of timmies meet some time on a weekend. I miss all you guys no homo lol.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:08 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm still waiting for the dyno meet. Who was organizing it?
Maybe worth starting a thread on the wine tour?
Old 08-28-2011, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can we organize a dyno meet somewhere that me danio and xplizit can attend ?
Old 08-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

A wine tour where we actually taste wine? And isnt it ice wine season towards the end of summer?

The dyno meet thread I started, we need some decent interest to bring the price down (unless people dont mind paying full price) what dynos are close to you Cleans2k? Maybe something central so everyone can join, however I dont know how many dynos are central.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I started planning a wine tour, I will post it up shortly.

I plan to get it going on the first week of October (1 or 2), don't quote me just yet.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by starchland
A wine tour where we actually taste wine? And isnt it ice wine season towards the end of summer?

The dyno meet thread I started, we need some decent interest to bring the price down (unless people dont mind paying full price) what dynos are close to you Cleans2k? Maybe something central so everyone can join, however I dont know how many dynos are central.
I think he meant a dyno that's easy for slammed cars to get onto. The ramp at Tag racecraft seemed a bit insane
Old 08-29-2011, 05:13 AM

HI Azfan,

I appreciate you bringing this topic up, to some extent anyways.

The co thread? A few people on here got carried bitching back and forth taking away from the purpose of the thread, so I decided that the timing was wrong and we will re-visit it in the spring.

We don't have any meets? I can think of 5 meets that have been held already this summer. How many are you looking for?
We had 10+ cars at the May tech day (in the rain)
We had 3-4 cars lapping in June with club 129
More lapping in July at Cayuga - there was a photo shoot after lapping that was posted here on this forum
Speedstar day was very significant
August has been more lapping with club 129
Next wednesday is lapping at Cayuga again
Within a month we will have our wine tour cruise.
It's been a very busy summer
If you want more, please feel free to set one up. Nobody is stopping you.
Fluky - we don't have meets at timmies in their parking lots. Thats were we do things like get in trouble. i.e donuts in parking lots , pulled over for inspection. And we don't need that aggrevation.

Originally Posted by afzan
Am I going crazy or did the thread for the new CO vote disappear into thin air?

Anyways onto the subject at hand! I met a new/recent member and he mentioned that s2ki doesn't have many meets - it's true, aside from the big/infrequent meets there aren't many.
We need some more meets - anyone have some ideas for a late Sept meet? Dyno meet maybe? A cruise somewhere? a hardpark meet (Danio - this has your name all over it! haha), Go kart meet? etc

I'm assuming we'll be able to convince Dom to organize the wine cruise again this year (let me know if you need a ride Dom!) - so that'd be good for October before most people put their cars into storage

What do you guys think?

Old 08-29-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by s2kobsession
HI Azfan,

The co thread? A few people on here got carried bitching back and forth taking away from the purpose of the thread, so I decided that the timing was wrong and we will re-visit it in the spring.

We don't have any meets? I can think of 5 meets that have been held already this summer. How many are you looking for?
More lapping in July at Cayuga - there was a photo shoot after lapping that was posted here on this forum
Fluky - we don't have meets at timmies in their parking lots. Thats were we do things like get in trouble. i.e donuts in parking lots , pulled over for inspection. And we don't need that aggrevation.

Track/Lapping days aren't really meets, many people on here don't track their cars and the tracks are all far so it's not convenient for non-trackers to drop by and MEET up. I have organized a couple of cruises now and the purpose of this thread was to get some ideas of what people wanted to do in Sept/Oct before it gets too cold. thanks
Old 08-29-2011, 08:01 AM

Just because it's a track day doesn't mean you need to track your car. There are several members (myself included) who would be more than happy to take you around the track a few times or all day so you can experience for yourself what this car was meant for.

If you want to set up a dyno day or a weekly hard park in a Tim Hortons parking lot, be my guest.

However, there will be a wine tour in September / October, thanks.

Originally Posted by afzan
Originally Posted by s2kobsession' timestamp='1314623632' post='20923322
HI Azfan,

Track/Lapping days aren't really meets, many people on here don't track their cars and the tracks are all far so it's not convenient for non-trackers to drop by and MEET up. I have organized a couple of cruises now and the purpose of this thread was to get some ideas of what people wanted to do in Sept/Oct before it gets too cold. thanks

Quick Reply: we need more meets! Sept meet and then Oct wine cruise?