Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

visiting toronto!

Old 05-02-2007, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default visiting toronto!

Hey everyone, I'm going to be visiting Toronto for a weekend with a couple friends in the near future. I was just looking for some suggestions on what to see / where to go while we are there. We are all in our 20s so we'd like to find some cool bars / clubs at night. During the day we'll be up for some sight seeing / museums / maybe a baseball game / etc. I've already been to the top of the CN tower... I know Toronto is huge so some basic districts / areas would be good info.

Thanks!
Dan
Old 05-02-2007, 06:08 PM

Received 1,164 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Clubbing district downtown (King/Adelaide area) will give you the chance to stand in lines and pay exorbitant prices to get in and drink.

During the day there are tons of things to do, depending on your interests. Royal Ontario Museum, Hockey Hall of Fame...If you go along the Danforth (Greek area) there are some great patios. Man it's been too long since I've lived there.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:54 PM

church and wellesley area
maybe check out jarvis N/S too for some ummm 'surprises' lol
Old 05-02-2007, 09:07 PM

in terms of clubs/nightlife, hit up guvernment (theguvernment.com), not as great as it used to be but still pretty much the premiere one around town

toronto is a pretty boring place
Old 05-03-2007, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

toronto is a pretty boring place
You haven't been to Grand Rapids Michigan I take it?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:07 AM

Received 1,164 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Or Peterborough...
Old 05-03-2007, 08:07 AM

http://www.jeffhealeysroadhouse.com/
Old 05-03-2007, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by cthree,May 3 2007, 06:49 AM
You haven't been to Grand Rapids Michigan I take it?
ya i have

i've been to pretty much most of north america east (excluding canadian provinces)

the west is superior
Old 05-03-2007, 09:19 AM

lol, Toronto is hella more fun that most cities out there...maybe u dont know/havent been to the best places in TO?? ive been around quite a bit myself, and the only cities to enjoy in the east are miami, nyc, boston (somewhat) and if u count as 'east' - Chicago which is more central, and maybe Nashville (yes, it is a nice city). The Carolina states have some very nice areas, as do some parts of long island (rich ass ppl), Orlando is good if you're old or have kids...everywhere else is a hole or the ppl living there dont make it pleasant. Dont get shot with in DC either lol.

West superior? meh...what so i can have earthquakes? LA is nice, smoggy tho, other parts of cali are better like san fran/diego and in the north...else, scottsdale AZ is sweet, and u have Vegas and thats bout it. Denver is decent, Aspen/Lake Tahoe is just awesome, seattle is just depressing. Vancouver is gorgeous, but housing is stupid and htey have their issues too.

anwyays, to the original poster:

check out www.toronto.com and all the categories they have for everything, there is more than enough sh!t there.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know when I visit I always enjoy a little walk through the Ferrari Dealership, I suspect there may not be many of those in Grand Rapids, sort of like here in Henrietta...

Another thing for me, I always look forward to trying new places to eat. Toronto being such an international city has more than enough unique places to try.

Quick Reply: visiting toronto!