Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Unsafe and unlawful protest on Gardiner

Old 05-10-2009, 07:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Unsafe and unlawful protest on Gardiner

At first I was completely for the protests and allowing the point to get across, however now it's getting rediculous. The protesting Tamils are just pissing people off by blocking the Gardiner. I can't imagine the anger the people stuck on the Gardiner have for the protesters. It's mother's day and I am sure there were a lot of people stuck there who could not get where they are going because of this stupidity.

Having done some research, the Tamil Tigers are recognized by the UN as a Terrorist organization. With that being said, how can the Canadian government affect any change without supporting a Terrorist organization?

How can anyone take this seriously when police officers are being attacked with the flag posts the protesters are carrying? How is throwing bikes at officers a form of effective protest? Throwing punches at officers? Is that going to affect change?

Since this is an unlawful protest, they should be removed from the Gardiner by force. It's for the greater good because they are blocking a major artery into the heart of the city. Imagine the havoc tomorrow morning.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:28 PM

I think it's beyond stupid to have kids at the front line of this so called "protest" especially considering how violent it has become. Violence on the part of the protesters.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea, i heard on the news they were attacking people in their cars that were trying to get through. I agree with what yer saying
Old 05-10-2009, 07:54 PM

Just ****ing stupid.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:01 PM

Wow this is still going on? I remember at the AutoShow a couple months back, I looked out the window from the Roger Centre and saw floods of Tamil's protesting.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:06 PM

Looks like they are moving off the Gardiner and heading to Queens Park. I'm just happy they are off the Gardiner for the safety of the protesters and the convenience of the public who has to get into the downtown core tomorrow. They are losing the respect and empathy/sympathy of people who once supported them. It's no longer a productive protest.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry, don't mean to offend anyone on this site if they are tamil. but Tamil people came to this country for a reason, don't try to force your "ways" and religious beliefs on this country, plus they need to understand canada does not own their home country. so we can't force them to do anything. this goes for all the other people that imigrate here from other countries. I myself came here from Trinidad & Tobago when I was 3 and I don't expect canada to change their laws or anything about their country to further convenience me! If you don't like this country and how they work, go back to your home land, thats all.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:07 AM

Old 05-11-2009, 05:37 AM

I think the entire GTA needs to do a protest like this.

On gas prices.

90+ cents per litre when oil isn't even close to being 100 a barrel is simply greed and money grabbing from the companies, and the government is supporting it!

Pisses me off.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:29 AM

i think they are going to loose a lot of support from the public since this incident..

..weren't they just given $3 million from the government?!

i was stuck in it last night...just brutal, especially having kids on the gardiner?!...i just couldn't imagine being the first guy up the ramp and stopping the gardiner haha takes some serious balls...

Quick Reply: Unsafe and unlawful protest on Gardiner