Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Unfortunate Incident at Castle Honda

Old 10-09-2003, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unfortunate Incident at Castle Honda

To make a long story semi-short.

I had 2 front tires with me and I went into Castle Honda.

I asked if they could take off my front tires, and put on the new 2 fronts that I had with me.

They said yes.

When the car was done, the sales guy said that the mounting machine had 'scratched' the rim 'a little' and when could I bring the car back and they'd refinish the rim. I said fine and got my key and went outside.

Unfortunately, it's not what I'd consider a little scratch, and they actually scratched both rims.

So I go back inside, tell the guy to come out to look at it, he does, acknowledges that it's both wheels, and says they'll refinish both.

I talk to the manager, he tells me some shit about I won't even notice, especially after brake dust gets on them....

Anyhow, it sucks. I hope to have them refinish all 4 so I don't look like a wanker. Are there any cons to refinsihed rims?

I'm too nice....actually, it's not nice, I just can't be ing bothered to deal with this shit.

Why is it sooooo hard to find a competent dealership?
Old 10-09-2003, 07:04 AM

Remind them of this forum, give him the www. Tell him if your not happy - we're not happy!
Old 10-09-2003, 07:15 AM

You are too kind man.... (and what's with the brake dust comment???? Which service guy said that?)

When I dropped my car there last week, they did a "Type 4" maintenance. When I realized they'd have to remove the wheels, gave them super specific questions to extremely careful with the rims because the lip extends beyond the rubber. I made sure to inspect them carefully when I picked up the car. (thank god they were okay) I also made sure to check the oil cap was on securely after the last Castle story.

Has anyone here dealt with Markham Honda? A coworkers brother the dealer mgr there, that might be an alternative. Also, Speedstar is looking really good these days.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:22 AM

Why no one calls me at the time i'll never know.

You know you'd have new wheels by now....

This is just typical, we need to really deal with Speedstar, those guys know the car, they REALLY know the car. Why around with Accord guys when we have access to the guys who know.

Sorry James, that pisses me off too..er
Old 10-09-2003, 07:24 AM

I concur.. there is no reason to go to a Honda dealership unless you have a problem under warranty. All other maintenance should be done by a competent shop of your choice with proper records.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:44 AM

[QUOTE][SIZE=1][B]Has anyone here dealt with Markham Honda?
Old 10-09-2003, 07:46 AM

dropped her car from the hoist??? how's that possible?? someone pushed it off?? hahhaha
Old 10-09-2003, 08:09 AM

My car will never set a tire in a Honda dealership ever again.

Speedstar all the way.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel so bad for you guys!

I sometimes thing after reading around that there is only one extraordinary Honda dealer in North America, and it's the place I go to in a little city called Canandaigua.

I will admit though, they do not do my tires and wheels. The machine they have is way too basic. I have mine done at one of the places a lot of the BMW guys go to. There is just one guy who mounts wheels for special cars and boy is he careful and good.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel bad for you James but remember there are pros and cons to both sides, dealership and Speedstar.

Quick Reply: Unfortunate Incident at Castle Honda