Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Trulli to parnter RS @ Toyota

Old 07-25-2004, 04:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trulli to parnter RS @ Toyota

Well after he fell asleep on a last corner and let RB pass him, poor Jarno has had the worst end of Flav's discussions.. He sent him packing to partner Ralf Schumacher ..

Thanks Flav as now Honda will continue to be Japan's No. 1 team as Toyota could not have chosen a worse driver lineup imho

Toyota to the back please !!!

Old 07-26-2004, 04:33 AM

Well I don't think I will loose a lot of sleep seeing Trulli go away, but I'm a bit concerned who Flavio might pick as a replacement! It sure looks nice to see Fernando on the podium.

HOLY CRAP! Did you see Kimi's rear wing fly off. HOLY CRAP! I suspect Kimi could have put McLaren on the podium for the first time this year had he not sufferd from that horrible failure.

And Nabeel, I will admit, the Button had a great drive in Germany. Renault is still ahead in points and yes, I can see BAR is closing the gap. However, BMW and McLaren now seem to be back in the game so BAR and Renault need to compete against them too for points. Looks to me like it is going to be close, very, very close.

Michael Schumacher takes his 11th win of the season,
keeping alive his record of winning every race he has finished.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Jul 26 2004, 07:33 AM
who Flavio might pick as a replacement!
he's in talks with that "has been" Fisi.. as Webber will go to Williams
Old 07-26-2004, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think Williams has really closed the gap at all. They qualify well at times but their race pace is simpy not on par with Renault, BAR or Maclaren. Kimi has impressed these past few races! If he didn't go out, who knows what could have happened.

MS is just sooooo lucky sometimes. I mean no breakdowns in almost 3 years! Wtf! Break down already!!!

JB had a good race which could have been a lot better if he started in 3rd. He actually showed that he had the best qualifying lap as he had a good 4 laps more of fuel on board! go BAR!

I think Renault is making a big mistake. I can't seem to figure out how Trulli has gotten on Flavio's bad side. He's the only one to win a race this year(other than MS) and hs been much more consistant than Alonso. The only time he hasn't been great have been the last few races, same time Flavio has shown how he feel, no coincidence!

And finally Sato! All i can say is
Old 07-26-2004, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by ITR Racer,Jul 26 2004, 07:47 AM
I think Renault is making a big mistake. I can't seem to figure out how Trulli has gotten on Flavio's bad side. He's the only one to win a race this year(other than MS) and hs been much more consistant than Alonso.
I agree. Trulli I thought had been having a good year. I will admit he needs to work on his focus or his ability to not let other drivers get to him, but all in all he seems to know how to get the Renault around the track well.

And what I really don't get is Flavio. When he started up the Renault team he specifically did not want Fisi. And now he suddenly has changed his mind and wants him. Why? It ain't like Fisi has been on a podium anytime lately...
Old 07-26-2004, 05:11 AM

I really don't understand why they would want to get rid of Trulli, the guy is having a good year and is consistently ahead of Alonso.

That said...Toyota has money - I would not be surprised to see them a top contender in a year or too...

Ferrari - 50 races without a technical failure - that has to the most impressive race stat I have ever heard!
Old 07-26-2004, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by matrix,Jul 26 2004, 08:11 AM
That said...Toyota has money - I would not be surprised to see them a top contender in a year or too...
that's funny M.. contender in 2 years.... c'mon really now Marco.. trulli/r. schumacher duo..

heh heh as it'll take them 2 years of continued poor management and to move them from 8th to 6th finishes..
Old 07-26-2004, 05:26 AM

So you believe that the drivers are the problem?

Is so, why is webber basically done nothing this year if he is the driver to have?
Old 07-26-2004, 05:36 AM

drivers coupled with poor team management

webber has shown brilliance in a minardi when he was with them.
Rookie of the year in 2002
Took the Minardi that year to a 5th finish in the Aussie GP

and yes.. in a minardi...

Old 07-26-2004, 05:46 AM

See...that is where we differ in opinions because I do believe Webber to be a good driver, but then I also see Trulli and Fisi and Ralph as good drivers - they would not be in F1 if they weren't....

Has Webber won a race? Last I remember Fisi, Trulli and Ralph have ....

Oh and lets remember that only 8 cars finished that race...not exactly tough to get into 5th place - even in a Minardi....but it did beat the lone remaining Toyota

I really don't understand why you have a "hate on" for these 3 drivers....but hey, it make for some good ing

Quick Reply: Trulli to parnter RS @ Toyota