Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Trillium Club 2014 Event Schedule!

Old 12-08-2013, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trillium Club 2014 Event Schedule!

First of all, our Club would like to thank all of you that have participated in our events: you made 2013 a truly fantastic season, with every single event being SOLD OUT! Our membership now stands at over 750 and no doubt will continue its strong growth. Why? Because the Club offers “HIGH QUALITY, TOP VALUE, SERIOUS FUN” track events - and your feedback proves it!

But, 2014 promises to be even better! Why? Because we have managed to secure even more track days at the famous CTMP Grand Prix track, while still managing to offer very competitive prices, notwithstanding major rental cost increases. No, you do not have to spend $600 plus HST for a day at CTMP, albeit others do charge that. How about as low as $214.50 per day for a weekend, all in, including dinner and as low as $189.75 for a full day of Solo Lapping on Fridays? Plus an income tax deduction to boot. How good is that?!

But wait! We are also offering a CHRISTMAS SPECIAL until Dec 24th, 2013 and are carrying over a SPECIAL for 1st time Novice student!

See all the 2014 Trillium Club season details below. Yes, you have to be a member to attend, as we are a non profit Club. Yes, as true enthusiasts, we welcome all makes of cars!

IMPORTANT NOTE: The main registration will open in a few days at www.soBMW.ca, but please email our President at isi@tblcorp.us to register right now and secure your spot asap.

Go ahead and give yourself, or your special someone a Christmas gift of a weekend at CTMP!
Or buy a 4 pack and cover the whole season! Anyhow, please book early, as we SELL OUT fast!

VENUE:
All events are at CTMP (Mosport) Grand Prix track (all renovated!)

DATES
• April 25-27
• May 30, 31 and June 1
• Sept 5-7
• October 3-5

PRICES
All prices are inclusive of sales tax and subject to income tax deduction (as tuition).
The terms "2-pack", "3-pack" and "4-pack" mean that a person can purchase, in bulk, 2, 3 or 4 events all at once, for best discounts.

Christmas Special: $449 - Must be purchased before Dec 25, 2013.
Covers any weekend event (Sat and Sun) and includes Sat dinner.

Weekend Advanced Driving School/Solo Lapping (includes Sat and Sun, plus Sat dinner):
• 1st time Novice student: $449 (any time)
• > 6 weeks prior to start of event: $499
• Between 3 and 6 weeks: $549
• < 3 weeks: $599
• 2-pack: $918
• 3-pack: $1,347
• 4-pack: $1,716
• Single day (i.e. either Saturday or Sunday): $325

Friday Advanced Solo Lapping (Fridays are only for pre-approved Solo Lappers):
• > 6 weeks prior to start of event: $239
• Between 3 and 6 weeks: $259
• < 3 weeks: $279
• 2-pack: $420
• 3-pack: $599
• 4-pack: $759
Clarifications?/Questions? Reply to this thread (please do not PM me). Thank you!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:41 AM

Pricing looks pretty good.

How much is the memebership? And how do you qualify for advanced friday lapping?
Old 12-09-2013, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Silvia_Drift
Pricing looks pretty good.

How much is the memebership? And how do you qualify for advanced friday lapping?
Yes, the pricing is "pretty good" LOL! Don't forget the fees are also tax deductible, so the actual cost is even lower.
The membership is $62 per year. Pretty much in line what all the other clubs charge.
To qualify for Solo, you need to submit your driving resume for a review by our chief instructor.
Prior schools, or instructor references help here as well. Let me know if you'd like to do it. Don't forget this is the Grand Prix track...
Nobody should discount the value of attending a school either: we cater to 3 experience levels from novice to advanced, with in car instruction, classrooms and skid pad. Hope this helps. Cheers!
Old 12-09-2013, 11:23 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How many groups do you run, and how many sessions per group? Also, what is the maximum amount of cars per group?

I went with Apex mid summer and it was my worst Mosport experience yet. Way too many cars per group. It wouldn't have been a problem if the other drivers had good etiquette. So it was a waste of $550. Engineered Automotive and Kensai are by far the best guys to run with at Mosport. However, I've never ran with you guys before so I can't comment on your club. Aside from price, how do you compare to EA and Kensai?
Old 12-09-2013, 11:59 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have similar questions. I ran with the BMW club at Mosport many years ago in my E36 and it was excellent, but I was with an instructor.

Also, does the S2000 require a roll-bar other than the stock hoops?
Old 12-09-2013, 12:49 PM

Guys, for the obvious reasons I won't make direct comparisons to other organizations.
What I can say is: we are a club (we also run many other events like autoslalom competition, rallies, wine cruises, street survival schools etc etc). We are also not for profit. We believe we run top notch events with saftey in mind.
We also believe we provide awesome value. Members tell us that all the time and our events sell out fast.
www.soBMW.ca will give u a lot of info, albeit the site is not the best (being replaced).
In a nutshell: we run 3 student groups (novice, iterm and advanced).
Each day consists if 4x30min track sessions, 4 classrooms (fun, trust me), and 4 skid pad exercises.
Makes for a very full day. On Sat we do a track walk and have catered dinner and brews.
Theb Sun we do it all over again! Some interm and some advanced ranks can drive solo within their groups.
BUT, we also have an Advanced Solo Group, top guys/gals who run in 4 advanced sessions plus 3 instructor sessions for a total of 7 sessions per day. One needs to pre-qualify for this group, obviously!
We cut off registration at about 100 folks for all the groups so this gives you an idea.
Usually trains are not an issue, especially in the more advanced groups. Novice folks don't really care as they are learning the basics anyway. Convertibles must have roll over protection. This means: either factory standard, or aftermarket.
We do have a few S2000s running with us. Unsure/cant recall what protection they have. If the hoops are considered factory roll over protectio then you're ok. If not, you need a roll bar. Hope this helps! Ciao
Old 12-09-2013, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm maybe I will ask for this for Christmas?

Not interested in trains on the track though. Also more interested in driving on my own more than with an instructor... How many cars per event, or group that you allow out there?

Edit: Wait, so if I get the Friday solo lapping now, I only pay the $190?! Definitely interested. I can get proper references as well.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:35 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Also looking forward to this. For $450, a 2 day instructive session is a steal.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:49 AM

I am glad you folks are seeing what a fantastic value these are Any questions, pls fire away! Our sales have already started strong. Lots of folks getting the "pack" deals as they are unbeatable. but even a single event pricing rocks! and don't forget, our fees are tax deductible.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Trackclub
I am glad you folks are seeing what a fantastic value these are Any questions, pls fire away! Our sales have already started strong. Lots of folks getting the "pack" deals as they are unbeatable. but even a single event pricing rocks! and don't forget, our fees are tax deductible.

How are the fee's tax deductible??

Quick Reply: Trillium Club 2014 Event Schedule!