Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Track days

Old 10-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please do, I found nothing on thier site, so I have no clue what its worth, or how hard it is to rent

I think a varity of tracks thru out the year would be good though
Old 10-11-2004, 05:19 PM

I don't think the big track is a good idea...with the number of off tracks we had this last day, I think we'd be asking for trouble....
Old 10-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Mike, a variety of tracks would be worthwile...ive ran Shannonville so many times. Mosport would be fun
Old 10-11-2004, 05:28 PM

Definitely we run Shannonville, definitely we run Calabogie, then we have 2 extra days.

Mosport maybe, but I think the newbies will stay away. That track is intimidating.

TMS would be good just to mix it up a little bit.

Tremblant is probably too far away.

We can tap the Speedstar guys too to help with the specifics of organizing this.

And my recommendation is to book it on Fridays fairly evenly spaced throughout the season.

So I'm thinking 3 run groups.

2 for us paying guys and the third would be for the instructors/helpers.

Maybe we can get Vince to bring his van out and all pile in so that Peter can drive us around the tracks pointing out specifics.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Former Moderator

I understand your trepedation Marco, Mosport can bite you hard.. however, I think people familiarity with Shannonville and its relative safety was partly the cause of the off track excursions..

you can drive all day 8-10ths around Mosport, be safe and still have fun.

as been said a million times, while we joke around alot, no one has anything to prove.. same as group drives, drive within your limits.. at least pick the spots when you want to hang it out. Mosport has those too.

Calabogie, from the pics at least seems to be a track similar to Mosport. I have a feeling a lot of cars will see more then just the ashphalt there as well.

Now.. someone figure out how to get our cars to Laguna...that one scares me, yet I would kill to run that track!
Old 10-11-2004, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by S2kRob,Oct 11 2004, 08:28 PM
Mosport maybe, but I think the newbies will stay away.
Exactly...and without them we won't have the numbers unless we're willing to put out a lot more dollars - at double the cost...I'll go back to the Bridgestone Racing school instead.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:03 PM

guys...khf/kensai racing always have track days at mosport - the last one is this friday for this year. its 250 prebooked or 350 at the door. its a full day at mosport big track. the instructor - for the newbies - is Aaron. he races on the players atlantic team (1 below cart). 2 groups - 1 beginner and 1 advanced - cant go in the advanced unless u have a race license or have years of experience at mosport. usually the ferraris, porsches (from the porsche club) and the full race bmws run that group so they get pretty upset when theres pylons on the track.

its a very safe event cause they have very strict rules of passing (for novice group) and have marshalls on every corner to enforce it. my word of advice is drive within ur limits and take NO passengers. u tend to do less stupid things when ur alone while when u have a passenger...ego gets in the way. EGO = WALL.

believe me, its a fun day and the more seat time u have at mosport, the better u get. its a very fast track.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:06 PM

oh yeah btw...there's an on-site photography company...they take pics without ur knowledge and at the end of the day...u pay like 75 (i think its 75...cant remember) and u get a whole CD full of pics of u going up and down the track. i've attached pics taken from that company....they're actually a partner at mosport.

Old 10-11-2004, 07:36 PM
Banned

39 on the car and windshield but 29 on the side window

Old 10-11-2004, 07:43 PM

lol...the 29 is used by the photographer to organize his pics....50 cars with 100 pics each and its hard to know which car is which. someone took 39 even though im really good friends with the guys at khf and i was doing registration that morning...grrr...

Quick Reply: Track days