Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Toyota 12 , BAR-Honda 0

Old 03-21-2005, 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Toyota 12 , BAR-Honda 0

Renault 26
Toyota 12
Red Bull 11
Ferrari 10
BMW-Williams 10
McLaren 9
Sauber 0
BAR-Honda 0
Jordan-Ford 0
Minardi 0

is Toyota here to stay , have they finally shed the label of biggest budgeted team in F1 with "mid grid" status

have their rival BAR-Honda gone on a downward spiral

discuss
Old 03-21-2005, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What? No wagering?

Toyota looks pretty good but it's still very early. If they can show they are quick half way into the season, that will convince me. Trulli is driving well, i must say. If his head is on straight, he has to be one of the quickest drivers in F1!
Old 03-21-2005, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by ITR Racer,Mar 21 2005, 12:50 PM
What? No wagering?
no
Old 03-21-2005, 07:56 AM

I'm not sure what to think about Red Bull. I'm impressed with how much better they are doing compared to Jag, but then again there have been other drivers who are typically in front of them who have not been so they are able to grab more points. Bottom line to me, although I'm no fan I'm happy to see more teams getting into the points.

Although last year was a fun season, some of the best seasons have been those that had points battles right down to the last few races.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:02 AM

I need a new F1 site... There is no way in hell I'm paying F1Live to be a member, and as I'm not a member I could not grab and link the image I wanted...

I just love the shot of Alonzo unable to stand up on the podium. With a failed water bottle he really showed he is for real and he has the skill sets to win.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Mar 21 2005, 08:56 AM
I'm not sure what to think about Red Bull. I'm impressed with how much better they are doing compared to Jag, but then again there have been other drivers who are typically in front of them who have not been so they are able to grab more points. Bottom line to me, although I'm no fan I'm happy to see more teams getting into the points.

Although last year was a fun season, some of the best seasons have been those that had points battles right down to the last few races.
I think if you look at the progress Jaguar made during last year (even given their limited budget) I am not completely surprised by this.

this is going to be a great season once the tire companies get to grips (no pun intended) with the new rules.

look for Ferrari to make a mid season come back and McLaren to start to put things together. With Renault doing well it should be close season.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:17 AM

Pace, sorry, I have to confess I was not looking at Jag last year...

I agree, this season is off to a great start. I have no problem with a close run season, and I agree, I think McLaren is really going to be strong this year.

I do wonder though if BAR is going to rebound or just spend the season wallowing around?
Old 03-21-2005, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Mar 21 2005, 09:17 AM
Pace, sorry, I have to confess I was not looking at Jag last year...

I agree, this season is off to a great start. I have no problem with a close run season, and I agree, I think McLaren is really going to be strong this year.

I do wonder though if BAR is going to rebound or just spend the season wallowing around?
I honestly think BAR is in trouble. With the ownership changes (distractions), and removal of David Richards I don't think they have it this year.

Last year was an anomoly, they were quick enough but McLaren and Williams were terrible so it exaggerated their results...imo
Old 03-21-2005, 08:24 AM

folks in Japan are unhappy with comment made by JB..

Jenson now sounds like when JV was a BAR. publically denouncing them.. HMMmmmm ?

as well as BAR are upset at his publically made comments..

ooooh.. things are overly interesting so soon in the season
Old 03-21-2005, 08:59 AM

So Im watching part of the race with my 2.5 year old daughter. She looks up at the TV right when Fisichella flies into the air and says...

"Oh no the unneault did a crash".

I was proud.

Quick Reply: Toyota 12 , BAR-Honda 0