Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Tonneau Cover Issue Tsb :)

Old 07-22-2004, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tonneau Cover Issue Tsb :)

Ok so my stupid tonneau cover flops up in the back. Not a huge deal to me really but annoying.

The more annoying issue is the fact that the snaps are wearing the inside of my top, because it rubs. I noticed on the weekend a few other cars, tops went MUCH lower than mine and were nowhere close to rubbing. Nimesh's cover was snap to put on.

I found the TSB https://www.s2ki.com/home/uploadfiles/A01-038.pdf

They have to lower my lowered position stop. I hope they do it, when I measured it was really close the TSB says must be larger than 2" mine is VERY close depends on the guy measuring I guess.

The thing is at the end of the TSB it says, make sure the cover has some "give" before you feel the top and my cover does not, it sits right on the top. This is why it pops out!

I'll see if they want to fix it tomorrow.... I could always try a bunch of dealers
Old 07-22-2004, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck
Old 07-22-2004, 09:05 PM

I have the same stupid problem. I hate the way my roof sticks up so much at the back when its down. so annoying
Old 07-22-2004, 09:48 PM

Have you tried putting the roof down, putting it up a bit, then putting it down again? Apparently this helps...
Old 07-23-2004, 04:26 AM

^

sometimes when it's cold out (low teens in temperature) the top doesn't go down all the way, I thought it was due to the rubber strip around the soft top not being flexible enough for the top to fold properly.

an alternate solution is to drive aroudn w/ the top down and you'll find that after a little bit, the top gets pushed down.

the top should be lowered enough so that when you are sitting in the driver's seat and you look in the rearview mirror, the middle portion of the top should tuck below the rear portion of the car.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:56 AM

'02-'03 have the up down problem when it's cold '00-'01 doesn't seem to have this problem. And it's certainly not cold. I'm going to see if they will perform the TSB.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:20 AM

Looks like I might have to do this myself. Ummmmm dealer is booked up till August 4th

I thought honda's didn't break down, I could get into Hyundai or Mazda right away. WEIRD!
Old 07-23-2004, 07:30 AM

James,

Does your top have the little tabs on the back to prevent it from lifting out at higher speeds?

Also, when my top is damp, it doesn't go down all the way, but after about 5-10 minutes, it seems to "settle" into the normal position.

Mine goes down far enough that I can only see just a portion of the inside "handle" in my rearview. It tucks down pretty good
Old 07-23-2004, 12:48 PM

Yeah I have the rubber stops but they can't catch because the top is touching the cover.

I'll get it done, I bought enough tools for 1 day, changed my diff fluid.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:31 PM

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went and got one of those stupid crow wrench thingys and attempted to lower my position but its such a pain in the ..... so i got fed up and noticed that the rubber tops of those bolt thingys down there were like worn out and torn. So I grabbed a needle nose plier and just took the rubber tops of those 2 bolt things out. WOW what a difference. My roof was at that measurement about 2.5" high now it looks awesome just by taking those rubber tops off. No extra noise or any BS came along with taking them off either. YAY!

Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover Issue Tsb :)