Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Super low Mileage Ap1's (GPW & NFR)

Old 01-26-2013, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stock00S2K
Agreed. Truth be told among the other demographics of S2K enthusiasts are the older gen. that want a barely touched S2K that has not had "any" mods and no fancy colour combinations and zero evidence of "boy racer" tampering. Those guys will pay a premium for an untouched specimen AP1 or AP2. I suppose there are those types of enthusiasts for many types of cultish sports cars they're just the minority of the market, but they're there.
I sort of fall under that category. I started with an AP2. I swore I wouldn't mod it. I got the bug and I thoroughly enjoy it. However it is a supercharged beast and you always want to drive it hard. Some days I missed the balance of the stock car. Us older gen like a nice Sunday drive once in a while. So being an older gen I had a decision to make. Sell the AP2 and get something like a new Boxter or get a second S2000. Even better, get an AP1 so I can experience both models. Despite looking similar they are different cars. Being an older gen I wanted the cleanest 100% stock unmolested car. I told myself I wouldn't actively look for one. But when I see the right one cross my path I would pull the trigger. I wouldn't get ass raped but I would certainly pay a premium for the trophy I wanted. After all I am an older professional gen with cash. A few thousand dollars to get exactly what I want is pocket change. Yes I could buy more expensive and prestiges cars but I choose not to because these are wonderful cars. For a trophy I wanted the anniversary year in Japanese national colours. I wanted it to scream Japan. I found her and to me she is a classic. I don't know if I could ever sell her.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by coolberg
Originally Posted by Stock00S2K' timestamp='1359231850' post='22294844
Agreed. Truth be told among the other demographics of S2K enthusiasts are the older gen. that want a barely touched S2K that has not had "any" mods and no fancy colour combinations and zero evidence of "boy racer" tampering. Those guys will pay a premium for an untouched specimen AP1 or AP2. I suppose there are those types of enthusiasts for many types of cultish sports cars they're just the minority of the market, but they're there.
I sort of fall under that category. I started with an AP2. I swore I wouldn't mod it. I got the bug and I thoroughly enjoy it. However it is a supercharged beast and you always want to drive it hard. Some days I missed the balance of the stock car. Us older gen like a nice Sunday drive once in a while. So being an older gen I had a decision to make. Sell the AP2 and get something like a new Boxter or get a second S2000. Even better, get an AP1 so I can experience both models. Despite looking similar they are different cars. Being an older gen I wanted the cleanest 100% stock unmolested car. I told myself I wouldn't actively look for one. But when I see the right one cross my path I would pull the trigger. I wouldn't get ass raped but I would certainly pay a premium for the trophy I wanted. After all I am an older professional gen with cash. A few thousand dollars to get exactly what I want is pocket change. Yes I could buy more expensive and prestiges cars but I choose not to because these are wonderful cars. For a trophy I wanted the anniversary year in Japanese national colours. I wanted it to scream Japan. I found her and to me she is a classic. I don't know if I could ever sell her.

Exactly. I'm also sort of in this category
Old 01-26-2013, 12:52 PM

Received 3,774 Likes on 2,661 Posts

Originally Posted by Stock00S2K' timestamp='1359231850' post='22294844

Nice !, how many miles on this one Coolberg ?
Old 01-26-2013, 01:27 PM

10,000 miles.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:24 PM

Received 3,774 Likes on 2,661 Posts

10,000 miles.
This one would certainly be worth a premium.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:39 PM

Let me guess. This one will not see any track time, correct? What a peach!

I've opted to get my oil jet bolts and retainers upgraded just in case.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Stock00S2K

That is correct - no track. That is the role of my AP2. I thought about doing the oil jet bolts and retainers but have not got to it. It's not really a high priority given how much the car gets out. Cheap insurance though so I should get on it.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stock00S2K' timestamp='1359243546' post='22295087

That is correct - no track. That is the role of my AP2. I thought about doing the oil jet bolts and retainers but have not got to it. It's not really a high priority given how much the car gets out. Cheap insurance though so I should get on it.
I say dont do it, leave it 100% unmolested down to the very last bolt. It doesnt see high g forced or over revs, should be fine.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an opportunity to buy a 2001 with 6k for 15k this spring but turned it down. As long as the car has a history of good maintenance it should last 200k+. whats 50k mileage when all you might put in a year is 10k. i'd rather put the money i save on mileage into go fast parts.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:39 PM

Imho, if the mileage is too low, it has weekend track car written all over it.

Quick Reply: Super low Mileage Ap1's (GPW & NFR)