Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Still problems with Ferrari F2005

Old 03-23-2005, 04:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Still problems with Ferrari F2005

Tests on the new Ferrari F2005 ended prematurely when the car driven by Rubens Barrichello started behaving strangely.

The Brazilian had completed 96 laps in the Italian team's latest machine on the Mugello circuit near Florence in Tuscany when things started to go wrong.

"I felt something wasn't right and immediately turned off the engine," Barrichello reported.

But despite the mishap Ferrari's number two driver was impressed with the F2005.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:35 AM

I thought this was interesting...

Bridgestone take rap for Ferrari slip
by Alan Henry
Wednesday March 23, 2005
The Guardian

The tyre-maker Bridgestone has accepted responsibility for the poor showing by Ferrari in the first two grands prix of the season.

Michael Schumacher, the seven-times world champion, failed to finish the opening race in Australia and crossed the line a disappointing seventh in Malaysia on Sunday, when his team-mate Rubens Barrichello, who was second in Melbourne, did not even complete the race. "We were just not competitive," Schumacher said after the race.

The two Ferrari drivers are using updated versions of last year's cars because the new F2005 challenger is not ready, but Bridgestone's technical director Hirohide Hamashima told the Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport that the responsibility for their deficient performance was overwhelmingly down to the tyre company.

"Even if the entire package is important, in this race the responsibility for such a negative result is undoubtedly down to the tyres," said Hamashima in reference to Schumacher's lack of pace in the Malaysia grand prix at Sepang against the Michelin-shod opposition.

"The fact that [Fernando] Alonso and [Jarno] Trulli lapped a couple of seconds faster than us is certainly not explainable by different fuel loads. There are no attenuating circumstances. It was a lesson for us but a healthy one in the sense that we have learned a lot from this defeat and we are ready to respond."

He added: "We have had long discussions with Ferrari to create tyres of a new generation and are counting on having found some that will allow us quickly to be competitive again."

Bridgestone engineers will be present today when Schumacher flies in to join Barrichello at the Mugello circuit in Italy to test the new Ferrari. Yesterday Barrichello completed 95 laps but on the 96th the Brazilian "heard something that didn't sound right in the motor" and decided to call it a day.

"The first sensation is what matters," Barrichello said. "And I'm very pleased by how I felt at the wheel of the F2005. It was a satisfaction to show that the car is fast."

If the new car misses the race in Bahrain on April 3, it is likely to make its debut in the San Marino grand prix on April 24 at Imola, close to Ferrari's headquarters. "There is no point in taking it to Bahrain unless it is faster," said Ferrari's technical director Ross Brawn. "It has also got to be reliable."

Brawn hopes that the new car will be up to a second a lap quicker than the F2004M, which has been used in the first two races.

Old 03-23-2005, 06:40 AM

And then this too...

[I]New Ferrari's 'a step forward in every area'
Wednesday March 23 2005

Having tested the new F2005 for the first time at Mugello on Tuesday, Rubens Barrichello is confident that Ferrari will be able to make amends for their dismal start to the season.

After failing to win either of the opening two races of the year, Ferrari are keen to debut their new car at next weekend
Old 03-23-2005, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see what this car can do...I hope it goes to Bahrain.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:47 AM

Me too...
Old 03-23-2005, 10:07 AM

I don't think have anything to lose really....so why not?
Old 03-23-2005, 06:44 PM
cmb

Can't wait to see how the car will perform in a race.