Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Speeding

Old 07-16-2008, 05:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speeding

Well, exactly 1 week of S2000 ownership & I got my first speeding ticket

Was heading North on Franklin in Cambridge when this silver chevy races past. I stayed at my rate of speed and caught him at a red light. He revs up as if hes egging me on, & races away, I accelerate normally to 70-75km and pass him as he got caught behind a truck. I move from left to right lanes as the potholes & drain covers are rim breakers and find my 65-75km/hr zone & the chev blasts past me again. The chevy was on the bridge over the 401 & went 401, I went straight. As I'm on the bridge the cops lights go off & I get pulled over.

Coops says he didn't see the other car Just me filtering through traffic. Then he said there was only me and another car and that he had trouble trying to catch us???

Might have been the heat of the moment but I couldn't hold back & called him a diick & a azz-hole.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:41 AM

Wow, that's what I hate about cops. They pick on people with the better cars. If anything, he should have went after the other car because he was going faster..which means he's more dangerous and a higher threat to others. He was probably just too lazy to chase him, so he made some cash off of you. I had my first close call yesterday when I was driving home. I was doing 70 in a 60 zone and a cop puts his lights on behind me...Thank God he just passed and kept going lol
Old 07-16-2008, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats some BS, at least you weren't caught going 50+ over. Still havn't been pulled over in the S.... yea, I just knocked on wood

btw, if you didn't already know this go to court. DON'T PAY THE TICKET
Old 07-16-2008, 07:31 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Damn Street racers....lol

that sucks
Old 07-16-2008, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Eric220,Jul 16 2008, 05:41 AM
Wow, that's what I hate about cops. They pick on people with the better cars. If anything, he should have went after the other car because he was going faster..which means he's more dangerous and a higher threat to others. He was probably just too lazy to chase him, so he made some cash off of you. I had my first close call yesterday when I was driving home. I was doing 70 in a 60 zone and a cop puts his lights on behind me...Thank God he just passed and kept going lol
I'd open up a can of whoop ass if i got a ticket for going 10 over.
Yeah go fight it usually the cop doesn't show.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:15 PM

fight it. Hire a ticket fighter guy and fight it.

I average 1 speeding ticket a yr, haven't been prosecuted successfully once.

and I've got caught allegedly "70km over" speed limit.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by asiliat,Jul 16 2008, 12:15 PM
fight it. Hire a ticket fighter guy and fight it.

I average 1 speeding ticket a yr, haven't been prosecuted successfully once.

and I've got caught allegedly "70km over" speed limit.
I would never push my luck...i've been clean for the last 5 years.....
Old 07-16-2008, 01:28 PM

He got a radar reading of 86 in a 60.

Whether it was me or the guy passing me

Anyone ever fought one and won but not hiring an excopper?
Old 07-16-2008, 02:40 PM

yea just go to court...they usually don't show up anyway...no need to hire excoppers or those ticket guys. You can do the same thing they do...

i heard though that they actually get paid now to show up in court so i don't know.....that's just what i heard...
Old 07-16-2008, 04:15 PM

Just to let you know, cops do show up in court. I fought a no front plate before and sure enough he was there.

The reason he pulled you over instead of the other guy is that he can't write a ticket to someone that's on the highway. It's out of his policing but you stayed on the city and he has the right to write you one. Only thing he could have done was to pull the guy over wait for a OPP to write him a ticket.

When your speeding, it's actually up to the cop who he wants to pull over and your lucky that he didn't throw other shit on u. Never call a cop a dick head or ass. He's more lucky to charge you for other shit.

Anything over 15km a hour your asking for trouble. Most cop will not pull you over unless your over 15 some won't even pull u over unless your doing over 20+

BTW cops do get paid to go to court. If you do take it to court by yourself your most likely not going to win but you can pay a smaller fine instead.

Quick Reply: Speeding