Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area
View Poll Results: Who will be the next CO
myflys2k
50.00%
FluKy15
50.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Southern Ontario Voting Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Southern Ontario Voting Thread

I have been asked to help with the election of a CO to help Chris with the Southern Ontario Forums. Everyone is able to vote once.
I will include this disclaimer...

Voting will be closely monitored.. That means, I don't want to see posts all over the board or other social media sites asking for friends to vote for them. If I find that people are voting from California who have never even been on the Southern Ontario forum before, I may remove the vote. If it continues, I will disqualify the candidate. I want to see people who are from this community or frequent this forum to vote....soliciting votes will not be tolerated... I had to see that />/> on tv nonstop through the US presidential election... I don't want to see it here.

Good luck to both of you... The voting will last for one week.

Here is the info on what is involved in being a CO.

The Community Organizer is something of a social director. They are usually someone who is active in organizing events and get-togethers in the local area. Because of this active participation they are well known to the community and have the confidence of the community.

COs (as we call them) are given special privileges to allow them to steer the dynamics of the group but more importantly their intended role is to organize events and to act as a liaison with S2Ki.com to help with developing our global community. They speak on behalf of the community to get things like badge permissions, have troublesome accounts suspended or removed and promote and advertise larger inter-community events and activities.

COs are responsible for maintaining the content quality standards of their forums in a manner consistent with all other S2Ki.com forums and to encourage participation of their members in the broader s2ki global community. They can do this by moving posts of broader interest such as technical topics to the appropriate main site forums and also by promoting events from outside the community.

Except in times of extreme need, S2Ki.com does not appoint Community Organizers. We want your peers to nominate you and therefore you have become a CO with the help of your local community members. You are the lead person within your organization. You are the one respected by your fellow members. Sometimes things change within an organization and someone steps up to help out or take over. We make those changes by request. If we receive a concern from fellow community members about the CO, we will then step in and help out.

All forum communities must be requested, and we recommend you have a decent number of participants to make the community forum worthwhile.

The role of a Community Organizer is:

* Developing a club "Community"
* Establishing a club name with input
* Maintain the membership list
* Contact potential members you see on the street and online *build the club)
* Develop relations with local sponsors and dealerships
* Take the lead in organizing local or community events

If you are a large community or small, there is nothing written in stone that says you can not have help. A Co-Community Organizer can help with tasks, and event planning. It is better to ask for help than try and do everything yourself and risk burnout in the process. As a CO you should be dedicated to the community and the S2000. You will have a sense of accomplishment by organizing events and having your club membership flourish.