Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Shannonvile lap times

Old 07-02-2014, 07:35 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by InVTEC
Well now i think i really suck, thanks guys hehe. I had fun though. i think my time was ok considering never been there and only 1hr and 40 min of seat time to figure out the track. One corner is really hard to figure out the perfect line.
Unless your lap times are paying your bills, I wouldn't worry about "sucking". Just go out and have fun! You're already part of the 1% who would even take their cars out to a track so that's already an accomplishment.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by InVTEC
Well now i think i really suck, thanks guys hehe. I had fun though. i think my time was ok considering never been there and only 1hr and 40 min of seat time to figure out the track. One corner is really hard to figure out the perfect line.
Which corner are you talking about?
Old 07-03-2014, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

turn 5 or something. It's a little decent turning left and you have to hit like 3 apex's. all i know is that i couldn't really figure out my proper speed entry and perfect line. i think that's where i lost a lot of my time. One guy said i raced really good except for that corner and thats where he cought up.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:36 AM

The long sweeping left I believe is what you are talking about? It's a third gear corner, I like to enter about 3/4 over to the right of the track. Going wide and turning late seems to be the key to that corner I've noticed. I keep my steering wheel at the same point throughout the corner, turning at a consistent rate. I'll see if I have a youtube video up of the full track, I have on video at about a 2:07 somewhere in my files. This is what works for me anyhow, I'm sure there will be others who do it different
Old 07-03-2014, 11:25 AM

In my 9 years of going to lapping days with the S, I've never bothered to time myself. My main objective is to bring the car home in one piece. Secondary objective would be to chase down those w/ a more powerful car in front of me (then let them lose me on the straights).
Old 07-04-2014, 03:09 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by hyper
In my 9 years of going to lapping days with the S, I've never bothered to time myself. My main objective is to bring the car home in one piece. Secondary objective would be to chase down those w/ a more powerful car in front of me (then let them lose me on the straights).
Although I understand your reasoning I ended up getting a GPS lap timer to see where I can improve... Without it you don't really know how you're doing. Faster laps feel slower sometimes. Don't use it to get the best lap time but to see how approaching a specific corner makes a difference.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by hyper
I'm with you on this one. I timed myself on two separate occasions. I ended up pushing it way too hard & almost lost it. For those that can time themselves, power to you.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Fuman
Originally Posted by hyper' timestamp='1404415536' post='23229243
I'm with you on this one. I timed myself on two separate occasions. I ended up pushing it way too hard & almost lost it. For those that can time themselves, power to you.
For me, I just came to an understanding that I'm not trying to kill myself, and my time is just my time. If it's too slow ib my book, well, woop-deee-freakin-doo. There is gonna be someone faster, or slower, I dont need to push harder than I know how. I understand to stay within my pushable limits. If you can keep that kind of attitude about it, timing yourself can be really informative. Also approaching it as a form of learning helps too.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:03 AM

that's exactly why i time myself, just like FluKy said. I dont push 100% but if i did i would probably learn the hard way and wreak it and i dont want that. I know every time i go out there is a risk but the harder you push it the greater the risk eh. I just want to learn my car and have fun and challenge myself.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:40 AM

Cool post!

I lapped Shannonville from 2007 to 2012, started at 2:17 and ended up at 2:06 with a stock-ish AP1.

Seat time is key!

Quick Reply: Shannonvile lap times