Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Security System Question

Old 11-13-2003, 01:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually this boomerang has been discussed before in some length and I think a member had said that the second the car moves without the remote, the car is being tracked.

So in fact, it could be found in the time, the thieves are "driving into the under ground garage" So hopefully in the time it is "in the service area of GSM" they can begin tracking your vehicle.

I was not too fond of it earlier, but now I may look into more heavily.

just my $.02
Old 11-13-2003, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mannn
the last thing a theif wants is attention, whether someone heard the alarm goes off or not... he can't be sure.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:04 PM

Simon you are correct. The boomerang system utilizes a key fob or an "icon" this must be in the car while moving. They suggest for those silly people out there not to leave the space icon in the car for obvious reasons. The boomerang, is tracked immediately if you have Boom 2. Boom 1 you have to report it stolen before they track it. Monthly monitoring fees are decent and are taken as a lump sum when the system is purchased. The system even works if the car was placed in shipping containers. The reason why they can get to it so fast is because they have teams that are constantly partolling. Once they find the car they alert the police and let them handle it from there. They do not put themselves at risk trying to combat a scarred theif. Well worth it if you ask me. Peace of mind! The alarm would come after that I say the Boomerang is better. As for the Compustar they have to systems the FM and the SS. The SS is known as the spread spectrum, despite it having a larger area to operate in this necessarily isnt good. The reason being is because many who have the new SS system have noticed that in concrete buldings its harder to get a signal to and from your vehicle. The FM which is more widely used and is the cheaper of the two offers the same options and even though the operating area is not as large it has better reception. Apparently, this is something that Compustar is looking into correcting.

On a side note looking into a potential car to steal that has no steering wheel would be damn funny. How could you steer it? There is still an answer to this but I wont say it.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:54 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hyper

how would they tell? the little LED that's blinking? in that case i'll get one of those (couple of $ from active surplus ) instead

Dual zone chirps when you hover around the car. It's also good for parking lots when people park next to you. If they are close and they come back to open their door, they will know to be careful too. I hate door dings.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please step away from the car....... and please don't smash your door into it. Thanks.
Old 11-14-2003, 09:42 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sunilr
Dual zone chirps when you hover around the car.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hyper
Old 11-14-2003, 10:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dude, no one pays to attention to red cars...that's why you're so bitter.

Old 11-14-2003, 10:12 AM

Red is the reason that sports cars were invented! We could have all just had Henry Fords, "They can have any colour they want, as long as it's black", Model T. Now that would be boring!

How many of you take B/W photos? Creative photographers, students of Ansel Adams excepted.

The world is in colour. Got a black and white TV??

It is the elite few that take up the torch of NFR/SPA, to bring brightness, cheer, and joy to the S2K world.

This is my second rant for the day.

Old 11-14-2003, 10:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dude, it's 2 o'clock.....you should be on your 4th or 5th rant by now....

you have no commitment.....

Quick Reply: Security System Question