Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

RTD 2016 - Who Plans on Going Next Year ?

Old 05-12-2015, 08:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adrenalize
Is it time to go yet?

And a Canadian Scooter has been born!
Old 05-12-2015, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by iamfob
Do you guys do any cruise to Wasaga Beach in the summer months?
Never have, no purpose, for me anyhow... I guess that comes from my desire to drive the car, and not just go to show it off. I've never been much of a "hey look at my s2000!" showy type of person... Maybe the new CO's will do that though?
Old 05-12-2015, 09:48 PM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by FluKy15
Originally Posted by iamfob' timestamp='1431489356' post='23610943
Never have, no purpose, for me anyhow... I guess that comes from my desire to drive the car, and not just go to show it off. I've never been much of a "hey look at my s2000!" showy type of person... Maybe the new CO's will do that though?
More like the "Hey, come sit in my car and let me freak the shit out of you"
Old 05-13-2015, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by kryptonite
Originally Posted by FluKy15' timestamp='1431493168' post='23610984
[quote name='iamfob' timestamp='1431489356' post='23610943']
More like the "Hey, come sit in my car and let me freak the shit out of you"
[/quote]
Exactly

CSCS is round 2!
Old 05-13-2015, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Originally Posted by zeroptzero' timestamp='1431479715' post='23610798
[quote name='Jinderv' timestamp='1431477174' post='23610754']
[quote name='zeroptzero' timestamp='1431476436' post='23610739']
[quote name='Jinderv' timestamp='1431475404' post='23610716']
I'll never go
I've said that a few times

I like living the trip through your photos hehe
[/quote]

Less stone chips that way
[/quote]
Just cover the front of the car in track tape. Something I'll do when/if I repaint
[/quote]

HAHA - Photos tell a story of a thousand words
Old 05-13-2015, 04:37 PM

Received 3,774 Likes on 2,661 Posts

Originally Posted by starchland
Most likely but won't be an RTD event. I'd really like to plan our own spring trip with the same guys
I kind of liked being part of the larger group, seeing the multitude of different S2000's all there at the same time, and meeting people from the forums who you would never get to meet otherwise. I guess going with a group on your own you'd save the cost of the registration and you could drive at your own pace and your own route. Pros and cons to both trips.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:05 PM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Originally Posted by starchland' timestamp='1431419664' post='23609689
Most likely but won't be an RTD event. I'd really like to plan our own spring trip with the same guys
I kind of liked being part of the larger group, seeing the multitude of different S2000's all there at the same time, and meeting people from the forums who you would never get to meet otherwise. I guess going with a group on your own you'd save the cost of the registration and you could drive at your own pace and your own route. Pros and cons to both trips.
To jump on that, the big group thing is nice to see but I never really got to feel the whole group mentality of it all until the last day when we had the rollout and everyone parked. On top of that I just generally found the registration fee to not really be worth it. The food was alright but I'd rather have had the pulled pork I ate in Marion. If there can be some modifications made to the organization of the whole event to make it feel a little more worthwhile, It'd make me a happy camper.

Regardless, I'm up for either trip.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:41 PM

Received 3,774 Likes on 2,661 Posts

Originally Posted by kryptonite
Originally Posted by zeroptzero' timestamp='1431563828' post='23612126
[quote name='starchland' timestamp='1431419664' post='23609689']
To jump on that, the big group thing is nice to see but I never really got to feel the whole group mentality of it all until the last day when we had the rollout and everyone parked. On top of that I just generally found the registration fee to not really be worth it. The food was alright but I'd rather have had the pulled pork I ate in Marion. If there can be some modifications made to the organization of the whole event to make it feel a little more worthwhile, It'd make me a happy camper.

Regardless, I'm up for either trip.
[/quote]

Good points. The BBQ in Marion was my favourite, good beer too
Old 05-15-2015, 10:20 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting this popped up so early. Good to think it through though. A couple thoughts I have had over the years is to either go early so you can spend several days driving around area roads before the event( I did this in 2012,13 and 14) OR get down there Friday sometime, do the Saturday roll out and then stick around for several days running the area roads. The key in my eyes is to be able to hang around with the groups on Friday and Saturday and not be too busy driving those days. I will say that the Sunday everyone left this year, things were very quiet on the roads until afternoon.
Doing our own trip is something I thought was going to happen this year but you all jumped on the RTD bandwagon. Also, over the years, the early weekend has had pretty good weather. Often in May there is a lot of rain days. A fall trip would be beautiful but by then everyone has had a summer of driving around and the novelty has worn off. I really like getting the car out of storage and going on one heck of a road trip. Any time in April would be good for me.
Also, despite the fact that I go down to do a bunch of back road driving, it is the stops that you remember from year to year. It is good, each day to pick one or two tourist attractions to explore. Museums, waterfall hikes, cave splunking, mountain top national parks are things I have either done or will do some day. Also, there are enough attractions that you can do a different route each year. Often the rookies want to go see all the things that have been talked about prior years but that gets a bit dull going to the same spots every year which is why I cut out on you guys Friday and Saturday.

Also quit worrying about the $60 registration fee, that is the cheapest part of the whole trip.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:03 PM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by zenairdave
Interesting this popped up so early. Good to think it through though. A couple thoughts I have had over the years is to either go early so you can spend several days driving around area roads before the event( I did this in 2012,13 and 14) OR get down there Friday sometime, do the Saturday roll out and then stick around for several days running the area roads. The key in my eyes is to be able to hang around with the groups on Friday and Saturday and not be too busy driving those days. I will say that the Sunday everyone left this year, things were very quiet on the roads until afternoon.
Doing our own trip is something I thought was going to happen this year but you all jumped on the RTD bandwagon. Also, over the years, the early weekend has had pretty good weather. Often in May there is a lot of rain days. A fall trip would be beautiful but by then everyone has had a summer of driving around and the novelty has worn off. I really like getting the car out of storage and going on one heck of a road trip. Any time in April would be good for me.
Also, despite the fact that I go down to do a bunch of back road driving, it is the stops that you remember from year to year. It is good, each day to pick one or two tourist attractions to explore. Museums, waterfall hikes, cave splunking, mountain top national parks are things I have either done or will do some day. Also, there are enough attractions that you can do a different route each year. Often the rookies want to go see all the things that have been talked about prior years but that gets a bit dull going to the same spots every year which is why I cut out on you guys Friday and Saturday.

Also quit worrying about the $60 registration fee, that is the cheapest part of the whole trip.
It has little to do with the 60 dollars and the value it brings for me. I'm not going to miss it by any means but If my 60 bucks is spent on things I don't value, I'd rather put it towards a nice meal somewhere or a 24 of beer or whatever.

Quick Reply: RTD 2016 - Who Plans on Going Next Year ?