Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Recommended Wheel repair shop for bent and curbed rims

Old 09-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts
Default Recommended Wheel repair shop for bent and curbed rims

Hey guys,

I need some help finding a good reputable shop that can fix one of my wheels.

The rim is bent, no air leakage at the moment and had a significant amount of curb on it now.

Would also be looking to powder coat all 4 wheels so that they match up again.

Any good recommendations for a place that can do both or at least to start with fixing the rim ?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kryptonite
Hey guys,

I need some help finding a good reputable shop that can fix one of my wheels.

The rim is bent, no air leakage at the moment and had a significant amount of curb on it now.

Would also be looking to powder coat all 4 wheels so that they match up again.

Any good recommendations for a place that can do both or at least to start with fixing the rim ?
what kind of wheels are they ?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Spotter
Community Organizer

my ce28s well just one of the fronts
Old 09-26-2012, 08:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IDK, if it's bent, i would use it as a wall ordainmete and fork out for a new one. Unless heating the crap out of it and banging back into shape is acceptable to you, it will never be straight (atleast the effort to get it to be straight will be the same price as a new rim)

Can't you just buy 1 rim?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:31 AM

I have not used either of these services but know people who swear by Carcone's and their prices are good, Carcone's

And I've heard Curbed is good too but can't say from experience.

Good luck
Old 09-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by iDomN8U
IDK, if it's bent, i would use it as a wall ordainmete and fork out for a new one. Unless heating the crap out of it and banging back into shape is acceptable to you, it will never be straight (atleast the effort to get it to be straight will be the same price as a new rim)

Can't you just buy 1 rim?
Well for one, I was planning on buying new wheels anyway but regardless I wouldnt want to sell a bent wheel, its just that its really not That bent... Theres no air leak at the moment either however what you're saying are my thoughts exactly, buying a new rim is gonna run me around 700$ though, only thing I can find used right now are two 17 x 9 + 63 fronts to make the whole thing a square set up, will end up powdercoating it.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Amplified_AP1
I have not used either of these services but know people who swear by Carcone's and their prices are good, Carcone's

Good luck
Appreciate the links, Ill give them a call and see if its worth getting this fixed.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:20 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

i think it'll end up being cheaper to buy 1x new wheel vs. fix 1x bent + powdercoat all 4x
Old 09-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by afzan
i think it'll end up being cheaper to buy 1x new wheel vs. fix 1x bent + powdercoat all 4x
Probably also work to my advantage when I sell them too, repaired and powdercoated vs 4 in perfect condition. hmmmm
Old 09-27-2012, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by kryptonite
Originally Posted by Amplified_AP1' timestamp='1348684318' post='22039795

Good luck
Appreciate the links, Ill give them a call and see if its worth getting this fixed.
I just tried to dig up more info for you that I had kicking around,
I don't know how bad your bend is but it seems like it could be much worse, I've got a a set of wheels on my daily jetta that haven't been made for like 8 years or something and I heard such good reviews from Carcone's that I called them. The man I spoke to quoted me $70 I think to fix a bend on the inside of the wheel and a little more if it were on the face since it would need refinishing. (Please note in the end I did not get the wheel refinished as a buddy who owns a tire shop mounted some new tires for me and said it held air and balanced fine and was not worth my time worrying about)

I don't know the exact cost of a ce28 but I know it is not $70 haha so it may be worth your time just to inquire, and if you decide to go new well at least you can make yourself a sweet coffee table!

Quick Reply: Recommended Wheel repair shop for bent and curbed rims