Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Rear over fenders...

Old 11-08-2009, 11:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rear over fenders...

Hey over the next month or so I'm going to be installing spoon rear over fenders...

Just wondering if any of you have any experience with it....I have rolled my fenders and am good with customizing but I have never done this before. If possible I was going to send the over-fenders for paint and then modify my original fenders as needed and install them myself. Anyone have any insight?

Or anyone on here handy with body work or have connections? (GTA or east of GTA)

Heres what they look like if you dont already know...

Old 11-08-2009, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some things to consider:
That particular over fender goes over the rear bumper as well which will make bumper changes a p.i.t.a. There are over fenders which don't go over the rear bumper.

To make over fenders functional, obviously you have to cut your stock fender out. If you do, keep in mind you'll have to relocate your bumper tab further out even if the bumper tab is already relocated. If you get an over fender which doesn't go over the rear bumper (as mentioned above) you won't have to relocate the bumper tab either...

Do it yourself.... install the over fender.... measure up the stock fender, and cut it out with your tool of choice. Then bang the remaining stock fender flush with the over fender. Use some truck bed liner up where the cut is to reinforce it/prevent rusting.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:56 PM

interested in this too.. if you purchase one let me know omalley maybe they could work out better pricing if two are ordered... i Don't think putting liner would be a good idea after because then if there's moisture build up or any water that gets there i will just sit there and not escape.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:08 PM

any water that gets there i will just sit there and not escape.
Why wouldn't it escape?
I can't see it absorbing moisture or truck beds would all rust out in no time. Furthermore, I believe the wheelwell is already coated in similar rocker panel stuff or something to prevent damage from rocks/debris being thrown up against the sheetmetal.

Before anyone asks, although I have overfenders on my S2k, the stock fenders are not cut; just rolled.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey im definately interested in the Spoon ones. The ASM, Shine and j's just look incomplete in my opinion....I am keeping the oem rear bumper and unless I get smoked in an accident I dont plan on taking it off haha. At that point I think the rear over fenders are the least of my worries....

Mikey PM me about ordering them....Im waiting to hear back from AJR in Vancouver...I already have a price from Speedstar...
Old 11-08-2009, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Canadiankid,Nov 8 2009, 02:02 PM
Some things to consider:
That particular over fender goes over the rear bumper as well which will make bumper changes a p.i.t.a. There are over fenders which don't go over the rear bumper.

To make over fenders functional, obviously you have to cut your stock fender out. If you do, keep in mind you'll have to relocate your bumper tab further out even if the bumper tab is already relocated. If you get an over fender which doesn't go over the rear bumper (as mentioned above) you won't have to relocate the bumper tab either...

Do it yourself.... install the over fender.... measure up the stock fender, and cut it out with your tool of choice. Then bang the remaining stock fender flush with the over fender. Use some truck bed liner up where the cut is to reinforce it/prevent rusting.
you should probably cut yours too then
Old 11-11-2009, 08:39 AM

check these out John

Arrows F&R fender flares