Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Re: Street Racing Story On City

Old 06-02-2005, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Street Racing Story On City

Please follow the appropiate links and read the story on City's site.

Danno

http://www.gtalancers.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=240
Old 06-02-2005, 09:45 AM

Nice write up Danno
Old 06-02-2005, 09:53 AM

Yeah not bad but lemme make a couple of comments.

If you're going to quote a number of deaths and say they have dropped, its a good idea to back that up with facts.

Making a comment on why cops should be looking for murders is silly. If person fits a profile of a street racer (some likely have been charged with some vehicular homicide) it is easier to pick them out of a crowd than say some goof with a gun or a knife.

None of us like to be bothered, especially any of us who don't fit the profile of young douchebag with hopped up civics and sideways hats. However if you have a car that the police suspect as being part of a problem..its their job to do what they feel is within the law. If they figure you to be a problem..you might be. I might be too...thats for them to decide.

If I was a cop I'd be picking off low hanging fruit too.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:06 AM

I realise that it could have been written better as Iam not the greatest at that sort of thing.

Realise this though. Your car was In F&F. Cops see that and think hey thats one of those really fast F&F cars regardless of how respondible or imune to this you think you are. If you V-tech with your 9000RPM redline they can "Impound your vehicle" if they think it is modded for speed. (Exhaust, intake, anything)

That is the part that bothers me mostly.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by 4G94Tuner,Jun 2 2005, 01:06 PM
I realise that it could have been written better as Iam not the greatest at that sort of thing.

Realise this though. Your car was In F&F. Cops see that and think hey thats one of those really fast F&F cars regardless of how respondible or imune to this you think you are. If you V-tech with your 9000RPM redline they can "Impound your vehicle" if they think it is modded for speed. (Exhaust, intake, anything)

That is the part that bothers me mostly.
My car does not v-tech.....although I think my phones does....

Old 06-02-2005, 10:14 AM

v-tec what ever.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:14 AM

Old 06-02-2005, 10:27 AM

I dunno, I think you'll find in this group the majority of us don't really give a shit?

Not to be overly harsh, but I think its funny when some riced out shit rocket gets pulled over. Gives me a chance to drive by before that same twit decides to rev on me at the next available light.

Most of us go to the track, the others that don't and do street race stay pretty low profile on this forum..we don't condone racing and I think anyone who takes the time to read any of the threads gets that drift pretty quick.

Its admirable that you made some good points, but if I was a reporter I wouldn't take you seriously. If you want to be taken serious then take the time to craft a response properly, apply the facts, figures what have you and then present it.

Think of it as business, if you give all the facts there are fewer questions left to answers...unless whoever you present to is dumb.

And my point is made.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:39 AM

I still have a pool going on at my work as to when the first time i get pulled over is. Because i look young, and compared to a lot of people on this board i am young, i still get classed into the "street racer" profile and it sucks.

For sure i will get hasseled by the cops i just wonder when they will start. Especially since this new "ERASE" program has just started up. Personally, when my car is done up with my rims and all i plan to drive slow as shit and check out all the ladies and show my car off. What good would it do to fly by so i can't even get a glimpse of the hotties in there cars or short skirts on the street?
Old 06-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoGMaN,Jun 2 2005, 02:27 PM
I dunno, I think you'll find in this group the majority of us don't really give a shit?

I don't care if they pull me over.

Quick Reply: Re: Street Racing Story On City