Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Racing Banter

Old 10-31-2002, 09:10 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by TKG 26

oh, c'mon now!

you can see the entire field of a CART event at an oval race as well.....

don't compare a CART street race to an oval NASCAR race......

do you think you can see every turn of the NASCAR race at "the glen"????
Now we're comparing apples and genitals? How many oval races are there in CART and how many road races in NASCAR? We both know CART's focus is road racing and NASCAR is ovals.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hahahahahaha....dude, that SOOO made my day.....i'm gonna have to use that some time
Old 10-31-2002, 09:19 AM

Originally posted by TKG 26
hahahahahaha....dude, that SOOO made my day.....i'm gonna have to use that some time
I was just trying to lighten the conversation. For a while there I thought I was going to have to come up there and kick some pasty white Canadian ass . Then again, that does put me one step closer to that Creemore.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Triple-H
In addition if the F-1 cars were going 5 seconds a lap faster than the CART cars at the Montreal track, logic would indicate that the g-loads are higher on F-1 cars and more g-loading clearly can cause an increase in failures.

If you think F-1 pit stops are easier than CART I disagree. Just watch the Monaco race sometime. There is not enough room to scratch your nose, but they get the job done. Yes it is true, often the F-1 pits have fewer cars, and this is a characteristic, not a weakness.

#3- And I was just making a joke.
1. you can't assume that! maybe they're only faster on the straights (i admit, i don't know what the breakdown of the segment speeds are).....where's the G-loading there??

also, this whole 5 second lap time difference, i believe, was the difference between schumacher's quickest lap and the quickest qualifying lap in CART....like i implied before, i don't think the BAR-Honda, Toyota, Jaguar or whatever else would be 5 seconds quicker than the champ cars.......

2. monaco is just one example.....it's WAY more prevalent in CART.....the nose part was hillarious

3. i know.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke to the fellows who own Creemore Springs.

They won't serve to NASCAR fans.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OhioRacer
[B]...when the race started, and we were sitting in Turn X, once the first few laps were over and the field spread out, it was b-o-r-i-n-g. At least from a casual spectator standpoint. They'd emerge from the trees, come around the turn, and disappear around the trees again. One at a time. So there we are. Car goes screaming by (hey cool!) then silence...another car...then more silence. I'm sorry but I just couldn't get into that. My next experience was also in 1996 at the NASCAR race in Richmond Va. This fall race is run under the lights...hearing 43 engines start and proceed to run around that track is amazing. Close racing, passing, pit strategy, it was awesome. I was hooked.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:41 AM

Originally posted by DoGMaN
ROTFLMAO
I think that says it all! My work is done here. Thanks Bro!
Old 10-31-2002, 09:55 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TKG 26
[B]1. you can't assume that!
Old 10-31-2002, 10:30 AM

Originally posted by DoGMaN

Well, if they refuse to sell their beer to this NASCAR fan then they will see revenues plunge 60% . Are they publicly traded? I smell a leveraged buyout coming from Ohio...
Old 10-31-2002, 10:33 AM

More than 2 and less than 4 H's,

See. A little bit of open conversation and we can get to the point of mutually respecting other people's interests. By doing this, we both open our minds to the other situation. As a result, we both grow our level of knowledge and maturity. Now BLOW ME! I'm right!!! AHAHAHAAAA j/k.

Quick Reply: Racing Banter