Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Proposed bill 241 could ban ALL mods - petition

Old 12-21-2002, 10:47 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Odd, because I think Gino nailed it..

I'm right with him on this situation..

If the cops pull me over for a speeding ticket, make me pop my hood and see my braces and shit, I defy them to impound my car!!!

You will read my story in every paper..

While the underling ( crap ) meaning of the law is terrible, I think it unlikely I will ever be affected by such law
Old 12-22-2002, 07:06 AM

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Everyone is missing the obvious the best performance enhancing product you can buy and is totally invisible is some advance training for the driver !!! With this trick mod you can have really enjoy the car without being too obvious. Try it you will like it !!!!
Old 12-22-2002, 07:09 AM

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Everyone is missing the obvious the best performance enhancing product you can buy and is totally invisible is some advance training for the driver !!! With this trick mod you can have really enjoy the car without being too obvious. Try it you will like it !!!!

ps. I posted too soon. I am totally opposed to street racing take it to the track.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:23 PM

I have taken an advanced auto control school, an autox cross school and a track school. I don't street race. Will any of that matter if the Police are given the power to stereotype me because of how my car "looks"? Police should NEVER be given that kind of power in any society. I've lived it and don't want to see it in Canada and will fight any attempt by the government to institute such laws. There is a big difference between catching me for a traffic violation and pulling me over because my car is lowered and thus that automatically means I'm a street racer and a menace to the general public..
Old 12-22-2002, 03:45 PM

Well said, Jarek.
Old 12-22-2002, 03:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will never pass. Just think how much they would damage the economy if they made car performance mods illegal. No one would be able to sell illegal products. CDN tire would take a huge hit. All the performance shops in TO would go out of business.

No way, not gunna happen.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:38 PM

Canadian tire will never let this happen!

Fleh, who gives a crap?

I don't see how a lot of aftermarket parts will be hampered by this proposed bill, basically if its not a go fast part then its probably fine. Coilovers shouldn't figure in to this.. CAI and whatnot maybe..but thats a maybe.

I'd be surprised if it went past NOS
Old 12-22-2002, 11:02 PM

You guys are still missing the point.. NO PART that is not OEM on my car should be illegal UNLESS it makes the car unsafe or increases allowable emissions. ANY law that would change this should be challenged. I own my car and unless my mods make it unsafe/pollutant I should be able to do whatever the hell I want with it. How can the government tell me otherwise? Get out of my personal life.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:14 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DoGMaN
Canadian tire will never let this happen!

Fleh, who gives a crap?
Old 12-23-2002, 05:43 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by quick_lude
[B]You guys are still missing the point..

Quick Reply: Proposed bill 241 could ban ALL mods - petition