Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Possible Group Buy:Carbotech Brake Pads

Old 04-27-2009, 06:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Canadiankid,Apr 26 2009, 09:18 PM
Again, you should only buy Carbotechs if you're interested in a TRACK only PAD. IMO.

I read the problem with the HT10's are they fade after the first few laps.

Carbotechs also require a bed in period BTW.
Where are you reading they fade? A lot of race teams use these pads, they don't fade.

They get better and better as they get hot IMO. I stay out 30minutes+ at a time and never had a problem.

You are not suppose to run these pads on the street.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True, I went through the search again to back up my claim (went from memory ) and I couldn't, so I will amend my post. I must of been confused with this post

If you ask me, I'll say Carbotech XPs with no reservations whatsoever. XPs is a no compromise pad. Its one serious track pad. Having tried both kinda uniquely qualifies me to comment. It has a .58 friction coefficient, much high than the Blues. It feels a lot better than the Blues. Its grabs alot harder than the blues. It modulates a lot better than the Blues. Its treats your rotors a lot easier than the Blues. It will not fade, like the Blues. It wears very long like the Blues. But, you can drive with it to the track as well. Kinda like eating your cake too. One thing though, this pads grabs so hard, with very light pedal effort. You kinda feel if you stomp on them, they'll rip your suspension off!!!!

Lastly, it costs cheaper. Hawk doesn't make front pads for the S, you'll need to have them custom made. HB113s used for the Del Sol, works but the fit is too loose for me. I like my brakes perfect, my life depends on it.
I'll amend my comment.

Btw, the above quote was taken from this post:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...=0&#entry596801
Old 04-27-2009, 04:02 PM

Yeah the blues probably do fade. I ran the blues on the back and HT10's on the front. I went through 3 sets of fronts before a set of rears and I'm confident that it is because the rears faded and the fronts too over.

Now I'm running HT10 all around.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:08 PM

where you guys buying your HT10s from?
Old 04-27-2009, 06:06 PM

I buy mine from Perry Auto in Laval.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:34 PM

Kensai in Markham. Vic at Simone Performance in Newmarket. Im sure the Speedstar folks can get them as well. Basically any auto shop will do me thinks.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:32 PM

Ahhhhhh!!!! My buddy told me about this group buy...
i was going to buy these pads for sure 100% this season...

I was planning on getting
XP10 fronts
XP8 rears

i don't drive an S tho....
i'll PM you with contact info and we'll chat there...!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:21 PM

Thumbs down

Go with the XP-12's or 16's for the track. I've used the 12's and they are decent pads, compare well to Hawk DTC-60's. If I were to do it again I'd go for 16's through. These pads were good for an Overall time attack Championship and track records at every event. Wing can attest to how I use my brakes

For a description of compounds check here: http://www.ctbrakes.com/brake-compounds.html

If you insist on using track pads on the street and find them to be loud than I would suggest you get some new brake shim's and anti-squeal compound. Very good chance this will help

On a related note; I'm selling the following S2k pads and rotors:

-set of front OEM rotors, used for only two weekends at SMP and Mosport(light on brakes). Like new Looking for $130
-set of Project Mu 999 pads. I think I had these on the car for two lapping events. TMP and Dungville ('08 brake friendlier track configuration, and even on street tires (ie: low(er) brake wear)). My best guess is that they have 65 or 75% left. - Looking for $150
-Set of Hawk DTC60's. used for the last SMP and Mosport weekends and are bedded to the for mentioned rotors. I think around 75-85% left. Looking for $175
-Set of brake calipers. I think they have something like 15,000km's on them, I put brake fluid in the caliper for storage to prevent internal rusting. Looking for $125obo

Please PM

-Chris
Old 04-30-2009, 05:35 PM

hey dude....sent you a PM like 2 days ago and still no response by PM/email from you.....
not interested or you didnt get my PM?

i asked my mechanic already so i kno what rear pads to order now...
94-01 Acura integra NON type R he says....
Old 04-30-2009, 05:40 PM

I have to call them to see how they take payment... which is why I haven't responded to you yet sorry.

Unless I can find comparable pads locally (which doesn't look like I can for the same $$) I'll likely be ordering from them in about a week.

Quick Reply: Possible Group Buy:Carbotech Brake Pads