Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Ok, a serious thread, I think I have a problem

Old 01-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, a serious thread, I think I have a problem

I typically keep everything to myself, which may be part of the problem. I think I'm battling with depression.

Part of me thinks that if I can say that, then its probably something else, or maybe you can see it in yourself? I would think its one of those things you aren't really aware of.

Either way, I'm tired most of the time, sad most of the time, pissed off all the time, I have little motivation to do anything, work, play, sitting and watching a tv program seems to be a chore for me lately.

I'm short tempered with almost everyone around me, I'm spending a good portion of my day thinking about all the mistakes I've made up until this point. I'm unsatisfied with how my life has turned out, the choices I made for my betterment mostly backfired.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this in the entire forum, maybe I think that if I get it off my chest I'll feel better, but I don't feel any better for typing it.

It's not like I'm feeling suicidal or anything, I'm just lost. I have a huge desire to sell everything I own and move to California or something.

ahh well, maybe I should go see a doctor.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hang in there....

but for the record, i feel like that a lot...love my job but hate it at the same time, lack of contentment, contemplative most of the time, etc....it could very well be human nature.

i wouldn't say i'm perenially depressed however....i do get depressed at times based on circumstance.

Old 01-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Former Moderator

Thanks,

Like you, I'm not depressed 24/7 just most of time. What I don't want to have happen is that it becomes more then just an "issue" and becomes a lifestyle. It's a dead end road, I know that, I'm starting to feel effectivly useless in everything I do, which just pisses me off more because I'm capable of being so good at anything I put my mind too.

Perhaps its a winter blah thing, but it feels so much bigger, and its not exactly winter outside.. freakin awesome out there today.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:23 AM

Hopefully, here's some useful info - a while back the wife was coordinating a youth conference targetting high school grads trying to adjusting to life in post-secondary education.

One topic was depression - this was one quiz they had the participants take to find out a bit more about themselves.

http://www.depression.com/depression_questionnaire.html

Everybody has their ups and downs; good days and bad, but continuing downwards spirals definitely is not good - its best to find out what really is going on at the earliest to make things easier to correct.

In terms of thinking about bad decisions being made in the past; we've all done it - rather than focusing on the regret portion of it, considered it a lesson learned to help you make right ones in the future and don't let it shock your confidence level.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I almost did the "sell everything" move to Australia 2 or 3 years ago.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Former Moderator

I took that quiz before I posted, it just tells you to print it out, but I'm pretty sure I failed it

Austraila eh? hmmmm
Old 01-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya man.. got the job offer and everything... only had 2 weeks to clear everything up though so it didn't happen.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:36 AM

Mike - the grass in not always greener on the other side.

Sounds like you need an outlet. Something that you can do that will take your mind off everything other than what your doing at that time.

like bunnyboy said - everyone has up/down days - but you gotta look beyond them...picking up and moving to Cali or Aus might not help....

Personally I think you should make a point of coming out to the next Kart day...we have a blast at those.....
Old 01-12-2006, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by matrix,Jan 12 2006, 02:36 PM
Personally I think you should make a point of coming out to the next Kart day...we have a blast at those.....
and numerous crashes too!

Damnit, J could've been away for good .. now I'm depressed.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:48 AM

honestly, see your doc - they're more qualified to diagnose a true clinical depression than a bunch of internet guys on a forum. if it is, they can help you out.

i'm not sure what you do for a living, but most large companies have employee assistance lines where you can talk to someone to find out if you need to see a professional or not. the lack of sleep and no motivation are kinda clear signals, but again, talk to a professional.

Quick Reply: Ok, a serious thread, I think I have a problem