Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Oil Change @ Dealer

Old 07-29-2002, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok boys, I am going down now.. I dosed myself with gasoline. anything goes!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 03:03 PM

Hah!

Make them pay. The very best way to get back at them however is to call Honda and complain.

They live in fear of complaints like this, I dangle the carrot of I'll give you a good review if you do such and such and it helps.
Old 07-29-2002, 03:10 PM

Originally posted by comets
Ok boys, I am going down now.. I dosed myself with gasoline. anything goes!!!
bwhahahaahaaa...you get'em Affa. Do us proud . A 5th Reservior dog in the making....

I smell the next oil change = FREE!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 03:37 PM

Oh man,

I was given this quote from a service advisor after I ask why my oil change totalled up to $108.

"If you are going to be rude and think I am STUPID, please Leave"

Let me type up the story below...
Old 07-29-2002, 03:49 PM

After I called North Markham Honda and asked for service department after you guys told me I got jacked, I got a price quote for a sythnetic change of $58 (similar to ITR racer's Missasagua Honda price quote). So I quickly drove down in my own car down to North Markham Honda. I waited patiently in line and spotted the ugliest service advisor with the most enormous head lights, I turned my head around pretending I was looking at the infamous Civic SIR with Erection Shift Stick. After 10 min's of serviceless moments, the ugly advisor came over to help me. I asked her if there was a mistake on the bill, "why was my oil change $100 dollars?" She have this "something isn't right" look on her face and she said she will check for me. She came back stating that this is the right price. I was looking at the board and notice that it was a 54.99 synthetic change (S2000 additional costs apply).

So I figured that $59.99 was a reasonable price for 6L of synthetic oil. However, the ugly advisor went away b/c she didn't know what the heck is going on in her perky world. A caucasian named John quickly came up to me. He looked at the bill, 74.99, he checked with service to see if this is indeed the packaged price. He said that the 74.99 only includes the materials and it is not the packaged price. $15 surcharge would be applied to the overall oil change.

I was like WTF? The price doesn't include the freaking oil change? So I ask him why Castle Honda and Missasagua Honda doesn't charge as much?
Him: Do you have pass reciept?
Me: Nope!
Him: Do you have their contacts?
Me: You are Honda!!
Him: Please have a seat!!
Tension starts to build up as I notice armpit sweat flooding and seeping through his pure white Honda uniform.
Him: Hold on a sec (He looks over to the next advisor, helping him out for 5 Min)
Me in my head: What is the freaking moron doing??
Him: The 74.99 quote is the correct price, this includes 6L of Oil, filter and all other components
Me: I think $100+ for a small oil change is a bit rediculous, I have driven Honda's for a few years, and none of my oil changes have been over $50! Don't look at my age, but I know how much a regular oil change usually cost.
Him: Sir, if you think I am stupid and you are going to be rude, I am going to have to ask you to leave.
Me: I wasn't being or trying to be rude, Thank you John. *Took my recipt and left*
Old 07-29-2002, 04:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ITR Racer
[B]Nope, its not synthetic.
Old 07-29-2002, 04:04 PM

Comets, be sure to call Honda Canada on this.

If you want my receipt let me know.
Old 07-29-2002, 04:05 PM

Originally posted by comets

Ha!
They told me the special oil was 10W30 sythetic and $9/L!
Ask them where in the S2000 owners manual does it state to synthetic oil is to be used.
Old 07-29-2002, 04:08 PM

Hahaha!
That turd called back!
He can suffer from my mom's lack of english skill,
i won't bother with his side of shit

honda canada closes at 7.30pm, I will call tomorrow
Old 07-29-2002, 04:22 PM

Matrix, you got the normal oil change right?

I didn't really specifiy which oil I would change nor did they bother asking me.

I dropped off my car @ 7am this morning and there was no serivce advisor to help me out. I guess I should of been more aware of the evil manager that lurks about when no advisors were around to help.

Quick Reply: Oil Change @ Dealer