Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

OH MAN - here is one for Simon...

Old 09-21-2005, 05:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OH MAN - here is one for Simon...

Berger: Montoya Not as Good as Raikkonen
By Michele Lostia
Wednesday, 21 September 2005 10:06

Juan Pablo Montoya is as fast as McLaren teammate Kimi Raikkonen but not as good as the Finn, according to former Grand Prix winner Gerhard Berger. "Raikkonen is really good. He's a killer," Berger told Autosprint. "That's what he's like. Montoya, in my opinion, isn't. "I don't mean to say he isn't fast, on the contrary. But he makes mistakes, he doesn't make the most of his chances. He will never be a number one, he will be an eternal number two. He is not a killer."

Colombian Montoya joined Raikkonen at McLaren this season in what promised to be a great rivalry. The Finnish driver, however, has overshadowed Montoya, scoring six wins to the Colombian's two.

Raikkonen is still fighting for the title, with Montoya 38 points behind him. Berger believes Raikkonen should be rated very high. "In my opinion, a guy like him should be paid around 20 million dollars per year," he said.

Old 09-21-2005, 06:10 AM

actually I agree with Gerhard. JPM has not shown me any WDC qualities. His mistakes outweigh his aggressive traits on the track. Hopefully he can turn it around next year. But overall, a good move to leave Williams as his career would have been sunk should he had stayed.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:29 AM

For me Berger was always one of those drivers I respected. His list of wins was never a huge long list, but his experience and his professionalism always impressed me - i.e. I respect his opinion.

I too agree, JPM has not materialized as I thought he might, and now that McLaren seems to have the best car of the field he and Kimi should just be all over each other. And in fact it was only Kimi's driving that sort of started revealing the McLaren was becoming the best.

Well I stand by my statement from yesterday. With Red Bull buying up Minardi and BMW buying up Sauber I see the following things.
- Yeehaa, F1 gets rid of Paul Stoddart
- Grumpy Frank can have his Ford engines
- Now that Williams is out I can finally cheer for BMW
- Chances are Williams can now take Minardi's place as the consistent back markers
Old 09-21-2005, 06:38 AM

- Chances are Williams can now take Minardi's place as the consistent back markers
alongside Rubinho in his honda
Old 09-21-2005, 07:22 AM

^ You are relentless...

The moan you hear is Marco...
Old 09-21-2005, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....such hatred - too bad Simon.