Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Oh @#$!# DAMN DAMAGE!

Old 09-13-2002, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh @#$!# DAMN DAMAGE!

Okay, booo, I was parked today beside a curb in a parking lot. A very high curb indeed, appx. 7 inch tall. I was trying to stay as close to the curb so that who ever pull in beside me would "keep away" a safe distance. Well smart me I parked 3 inch from the curb, and the curb height was about just 2 inch below the door when I have it open. The curb was to the right of the car.

and ... when I left the parking lot ... . i forgot all about the curb, dented/scratch the entire bottom right at the corner of the curb.

damage: 1 inch below the door and down,
length: the legth of the door.
Depth: appx. 1 inch deep.
In short I think I maybe looking at a replacement for the entire bottom right piece (the part of the body that attaches half of the right back and down under the door)
Don't think paint job is avoidable. Now ..

I am hoping maybe someone can direct me to a good body shop, or should I just bring it back to my honda dealership for an estimate?

On second thoughts, would any aftermarket sdie skirt be able to cover this damage? Like mention above, the damage is about 1 inch below and door and down, dented in about 1 inch depth. Please advise.

~ me, still haven't gotten over with how silly I was to make such a mistake.

~ Ian
Old 09-14-2002, 09:24 AM

Take it to Alex at Action Honda. He is very reasonable and gave me a more then fair price for a quarter size scratch in my car.
Old 09-14-2002, 02:45 PM

You can try Philada on Heritage road, they are right next to the Spa store on the right hand side.

Talk to vincent. Check www.yellowpages.ca for their number, I don't have it on hand!

Tell them S2000 Bon and Arthur send you.
Old 09-15-2002, 06:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fg23knight
[B]On second thoughts, would any aftermarket sdie skirt be able to cover this damage?
Old 09-15-2002, 06:29 AM

who's TAM S2K???...

i know of TAM S2... this other guy must be really, REALLY cool!!!!...

btw, you can try precision auto up on green lane... or even car wing...

i go to precision auto alot and roger (the owner) is pretty good...

my family take all the cars to him...
Old 09-15-2002, 06:42 AM

LOL...Well I know TAM S2 is NOT Cool, so TAM S2K must be the guy I was thinking of ....
Old 09-15-2002, 09:00 AM

okay Photo Photo of my mishaps ^^;

I am still a bit not sure about bring it back to the dealer, but I think I will bring it over to
Philada on Heritage or Rogers at Precision Auto for a quote.

Tam: I was wondering if you can give me a first hand view on whether or not you think the side skirt would fit on my car with the damage. I.e. where are the connection from the side skirt to the body of the s2000. I am thinking the fixture will cost appx. $1000
so if possible I am hoping to just fix it up to make sure it does not rust and slap on the side skirt and hopfully it wont' cause any aero issues.

Does anyone of you know if there is any local/canadian import stores so I do not have to order parts from the states?

Thanks everyone for the help, really appriciated.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:03 AM

KKT Auto in Markham does excellent work.. Not cheap though but you get what you pay for. He uses Sikkens paint.
Old 09-15-2002, 06:26 PM

Oh shit!

Sorry to hear about your problems, but if it makes you feel any better, I scratched my front bumper up from hitting a curb like you.

This car is freaking low. The sheetmetal is very thin to keep the weight down. It takes the term "careful parking" to a whole new level!

Just thought you'd like to know you aren't the only one who has hit something with your S2000. Misery loves company.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:54 AM

hey marco,

i think you have just lost your "first dibs" privalege on the kit!!!...

Quick Reply: Oh @#$!# DAMN DAMAGE!