Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

Official Shannonville Summary - post here!

Old 04-23-2003, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by taylor
for all of those who shit on the S02's rain capabilities... BITE IT! S-02's were great on that track.
The S02's are great in the rain. I was on them and I was quite impressed with thier grip.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:31 AM

Oh and if you want the fun of car control on a weekly/biweekly bassis... GET INTO AUTOCROSS DAMNIT!

HADA is running a Solo 2 event this Saturday at the Brampton Centre for Sports and Entertainment, profits go to the Childrens Wish Foundation. Should be a great event, there will be a lot of HADA members there (it's a Honda/Acura exclusive Club... having said that I'll probably bring my Toyota. . I'm chief timing, I'll be under the main tent (says Wired Motorsports on it). Come by, temperature is looking good.

That's about all the info you need. But feel free to ask me anything else you want to know.

If a lot of S2K guys come out.. I'll bring the S. With all those serious skillz you picked up on Monday maybe I'll have some competition with the S.

======

Oh and another thing... I should mention this since I know some of you PUSSIES (I say that with the utmost affection), want schooling before getting into AutoX. There is an AutoCross School being held at the same Venue, the following weekend on May 3rd. I don't know how many spots are left, but check the Wired Motorsports news page (www.wiredmotorsports.com) for the article on the school and the contact info is there. I'll be one of the instructors there that day (not the classroom session evening, someone else does that). I can definately give you tips on how to drive an S2K successfully in Solo 2.

If they're out of spots.. let me know... I might be able to pull strings.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes, but you would have to agree that the street CANNOT be compared to a track.....

i think all complaints and bad experiences with the S02's, have come from people's street experiences........
Old 04-23-2003, 09:38 AM

Nimesh: Are you trying to jerk my chain again?

Actually the summer after buying the car I drove to Halifax and Back and on the way back in Ontario the rain hit HARD (funny thing about this was I had packed the trunk bigtime (2 week trip I think) but also brought the tonneau cover which was on the top.. the looks I got... But I kept the speeds up high enough that we didn't get too wet.. a bit of spray moisture on the back and such but that was about it..

Anyhow onto the S-02's. It was pretty heavy rain. Humid day, heavy rain/thundershowers. Normally I would be pretty nervous on any tires in these kinds of conditions at highway speeds, especially when passing huge tractor trailers on 2 lane highways where they're displacing a whole lot of road rain water.. but the car never felt light or like it was floating. (this is all pre my performance driving education too). So I was quite impressed. I felt they were confidence inspiring.

As for the track vs the street. Well Mosport was resurfaced that year so it was a nice clean surface. But at the limit on the track speaks volumes than traffic light to traffic light. I just think people don't know how to launch the car or whatever, or they're not adjusting their driving to match the conditions and that's where the bitching come froms. Some tires may be more forgiving that ones. But *performance* wise. The S02's did a great job in both situations.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:53 AM

I saw 170 down the back, but it was scary as shit when I hit the brakes and my ass end started to come around...still not sure why but Marco had the same issue.

Was a very very strange feeling.

I love the S02's, anyone speaks against them and I will spit in their faces!!!!!

I think the reason people have "problems" with the S02's is two fold, they can't drive for shit, and they did something stupid.

And yes you guys were jackoffing on the way to the track, boxing in a moron may be fun but considering the speeds we were travelling the margin for error isn't worth testing.

Oh well you will die and I might laugh.

Its my way.

ASS
Old 04-23-2003, 09:54 AM

I got sideways coming out of turn 1 in 3rd gear and had no problem catching the car. Even my instructor commented that it was a nice catch.

I think the car is an awesome car to learn RWD on. It is beautifully set up, and very controllable, but it will also get out of shape quickly if you taunt it. It's sure a fun car to try and "master".
Old 04-23-2003, 09:58 AM

Ok so I check my online banking. I had a $300 charge from the Ramada.

I knew what it was for, so I call them and ask to speak to the manager.

They charged me for pool cleaning, a glass and a menu hah.

Called mastercard and clawed it back. Called the Ramada again and told them I'll never stay there again nor will any of my business travellers.

They credited back the $300 right away..wonder how long it'll take them to figure this one out.

ers.

That'll teach them to close the bar early on a holiday.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:07 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2000_rider
[B]

LOL!
Old 04-23-2003, 10:24 AM

Oh yeah while I'm thinking of it.

BOB! or MAGGIEMAE a huge thanks to you from all of us!

He just showed up to watch, and ended up standing in crap for 8 hours being flag boy.

Bob can you contact Blake Nancarrow blaken@computer-ease.com

He wanted to thank you personally.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:28 AM

Yes,

I think we all owe Bob bigtime on this one.

Thanks so much for your dedication!!

Next round is on me.

Quick Reply: Official Shannonville Summary - post here!