Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

OEM rep ebay trunk spoiler

Old 04-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by CLEANs2000
i bought one of those replica ones and ended up selling it to seymore lol it was mint.. paint was perfect. Its not under 100 though, because its coming from Taiwan and shipped by fed ex you end up getting a bill for 30 bucks in duties and handling and all those other bullshits they wana get you for
Hmm I've never been stuck with duties when getting stuff shipped from Asia...but then again never really bought car parts or accessories from there.

Regardless if its fits well, It would save me some cash getting the oem spoiler painted to the right colour

Originally Posted by Seymor Butts
Yes I only taped it on.. No drilling. Need to do it right though, so know what you are doing.
Yeah, the only reason I don't want to drill is because that means getting some touch up paint to fill in the chipped paint near the holes and potentially finding rust marks under there would just be a giant pita in the future.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the oem one and i used 3m double sided tape. still on after a year.

the replica one is a bit higher than oem. thats the only difference ive seen

and you shouldnt get hit with duty from asia. i had $600 worth of side mirror glasses shipped to me without paying any other fees.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by matt-p

and you shouldnt get hit with duty from asia. i had $600 worth of side mirror glasses shipped to me without paying any other fees.
I think it depends on the method of shipment. UPS and Fedex have brokerage fees and shipping does not include duties. Im not sure about other national postal companies but with USPS, they charge a little bit more than UPS or Fedex but it includes brokerage and duties.

I guess if they shipped it via the Taiwanese national postal service, I wouldn't get charges but if they use Fedex I would :S ?
Old 04-13-2012, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by kryptonite
Originally Posted by matt-p' timestamp='1334340170' post='21605190

I think it depends on the method of shipment. UPS and Fedex have brokerage fees and shipping does not include duties. Im not sure about other national postal companies but with USPS, they charge a little bit more than UPS or Fedex but it includes brokerage and duties.

I guess if they shipped it via the Taiwanese national postal service, I wouldn't get charges but if they use Fedex I would :S ?
it shipped via fedex and i got raped on duties and handling fee's
Old 04-14-2012, 06:52 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Yup I ordered one of these too and got hit by fedex bs fees. Haven't put the spoiler on yet though
Old 04-14-2012, 08:17 AM

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

I was only charged $14 in duty fees.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by fernando.
I was only charged $14 in duty fees.
luckyyy lol well i only got charged 10 dollars more but w/e lol the 'handling fee' alone was about that much
Old 04-15-2012, 05:53 AM

Can someone post a side by side pic of the oem vs the rep? Has anyone with the rep had any issues with theirs?
Old 04-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by VTECMAN99
Can someone post a side by side pic of the oem vs the rep? Has anyone with the rep had any issues with theirs?
Once I get the rep, I'll update the thread with a sideby side picture.

The oem one isn't going to be the right colour but you'll see the fitment difference.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:24 PM

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by VTECMAN99
Don't mean to be an ass, but three people in this thread confirmed that they fit perfectly.

Quick Reply: OEM rep ebay trunk spoiler