Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

NOTICE: Suing Honda Canada

Old 11-08-2002, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOTICE: Suing Honda Canada

I have decided to sue Honda Canada for loss of use of my car due to Honda Canada failing to provide warrantied parts on a timely basis.

Engine - over 2 months ($1,500USD)
Transmission ala 2nd gear grind - over 1 month ($150CDN)
Alternator - 1 month ($300CDN)
Body parts - over 1 month ($60CDN)

The values in brackets are the costs I incurred due to Honda Canada delivery issues.

And such... basically I have been robbed of my car for almost the entire summer, which is why I haven't really attended any of the events/meets.

Has anyone else had ridiculous delays with warranty parts? Send me a PM.

***NOTE: Be warned, Honda Canada is now taking a very active interest on this board.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:03 AM

As they should. Good luck, I hope you get some retribution. Car companies and especially certain dealers have been getting away with too much imo.. This "banding" of owners on the internet through various car webboards can only increase pressure on the manufacturers/dealers to provide us with quality cars and service.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:58 AM

I have the second gear grind. I cant recreate the problem for a mechanic because it is sporadic in nature, so they don't want to fix it. The whole situation with Honda not wanting to fix the many problems on my car makes me want to sell it. I don't have the time to keep going to the dealership and trying to get my car fixed.
I'm in a tough situation... I love my car but this is really driving me crazy. Ima thinking of going BMW if I cant this work done. they have way better service.
Old 11-08-2002, 12:50 PM

I know I know... I had the same problem - unable to re-create at will... so I kept driving it, and noting the grinds every time it happened.

The end result?

Gears, synchros, and shift forks need to be replaced. IN EXCESS OF A ONE MONTH WAIT.

Be warned, when you grind, you are wearing down more than just a single gear and synchro.

Email me your complaints - r_aeri@hotmail.com and I will compile them all. I will not submit names, plates, or VINS without permission.

I am just trying to get better service out of Honda Canada for everyone.

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2002, 03:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about for acura as well?

I had the 2nd gear grind frequently in my car. It was fine up to about 15000km.. Now that i have the short shifter (whole unit, not just an adapter)... i hardly ever grind now.

Part of the reason is that I look 18ish and they don't take me seriously at the dealership. Soon they'll have a size 11 boot up their @SS!!
Old 11-11-2002, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1badride
[B]***NOTE:
Old 11-11-2002, 11:28 PM

i had my car for 3 weeks of the summer...let alone, it was in the shop 5+ months out of the 9 since purchasing the car.... whatta waste... 2nd gear syncros, drivers side shock, sezed air pump, bad service from a certain very hostile shop in woodbridge.... so yea basically i wish i went with my gut back last year and bought myself an S4 instead.
Old 11-12-2002, 06:00 AM

3H - Honda Canada is very VERY aware of that TSB now; I have a little more leverage since my engine blew (for reasons unknown according to Honda) and I am blaming that TSB that was not performed. The shit is going to hit the fan, but I do need some back up on the fight...

For those who want to, send me a PM and I'll reply with what I need help with.

Peace...
Old 11-12-2002, 06:58 AM

Rahul, that is interesting, because I have called HC several times about this and they SEEM to know nothing. Who knows what they are holding close to thier chest...
Old 11-12-2002, 07:11 AM

The person I have been speaking with did say that they received "a couple" of calls in regards to it, but can't act on it until they hear from the powers that be from Honda.

The only reason that they are looking into it seriously now is because I am blaming that as the cause of the failure of my engine and I want them to admit it in writing.

Quick Reply: NOTICE: Suing Honda Canada