Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

New to the forums

Old 04-10-2011, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forums

Hello fellow S2Ki forum members,

I just thought I would introduce myself to the community. I currently drive an 08 Civic Si but am looking to jump into an S2000 by the end of this summer if I can find a decent deal. For the most part I am really quite impressed with the members on this forum and how well the information is organized. There seems to be a plethora of info that is very useful to a newbie like myself.

I am pretty active on the 8thcivic.com forums although since I have been on, I've found that the forums have, for the most part, gone down hill. I suppose that's the case when vehicles becomes easier to afford and younger guys/girls can get into them more easily. I'm looking forward to integrating myself with this community and eventually stepping into definitely one of the best engineered roadsters to date.

If any of you have any suggestions or warnings on what to look out for when buying an S2000, your experience and advice is always appreciated!

-Nishan
Old 04-10-2011, 11:20 PM

welcome to the club man, everyone here is pretty friendly and always willing to answere any questions. hurry up and get into an S already
Old 04-11-2011, 02:49 AM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome. There's lots of great people on here with many years of s2k knowledge. Pick up an S2k and show up to some meets.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:38 AM

Welcome but not officially till you get an S lol jks. This is a great community. You will definitely see a difference between ours and other forums. Just pick up an s2000 and come to some of the meets. Good luck.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:13 PM

one difference you will realize is that there is alot less haters and immature people here... except for that one idiot who comes and goes every once in a while who always posts the pictures of kids with down syndrome... when he makes his appearances, you will want to go back to your 8th gen civic forum LOL.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by CLEANs2000
one difference you will realize is that there is alot less haters and immature people here... except for that one idiot who comes and goes every once in a while who always posts the pictures of kids with down syndrome... when he makes his appearances, you will want to go back to your 8th gen civic forum LOL.

lol Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. For now I am just going to be a lurker till I sell off my civic and can afford to get into an S but financially, it is such a better decision putting money into a car that can maximize my driving ability rather than potentially obstruct it (FWD vs. RWD). Maybe one of you wants to sell their S to me for a half decent price!

I will definitely keep a look out for this person you talk so fondly about!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by CLEANs2000

dogman...
where is he BTW?
Old 04-13-2011, 06:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2kobsession

dogman...
where is he BTW?

Gone, but not forgotten...
Does the Mindcore ever revisit?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
Hello fellow S2Ki forum members,

I just thought I would introduce myself to the community. I currently drive an 08 Civic Si but am looking to jump into an S2000 by the end of this summer if I can find a decent deal. For the most part I am really quite impressed with the members on this forum and how well the information is organized. There seems to be a plethora of info that is very useful to a newbie like myself.

I am pretty active on the 8thcivic.com forums although since I have been on, I've found that the forums have, for the most part, gone down hill. I suppose that's the case when vehicles becomes easier to afford and younger guys/girls can get into them more easily. I'm looking forward to integrating myself with this community and eventually stepping into definitely one of the best engineered roadsters to date.

If any of you have any suggestions or warnings on what to look out for when buying an S2000, your experience and advice is always appreciated!

-Nishan
Welcome Nishan. I currently drive both the Si and S2000. Love them both equally, although there are days when one is dearer than the other.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:43 AM

Welcome to the forum! S2k's are tones of fun!! Get one now!!

Quick Reply: New to the forums