Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

The new BBM app

Old 10-25-2013, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The new BBM app

Anyone get the new app for their phones?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

Actually I'm back on ICQ, It's all the rage. Add me 58789766548
Old 10-25-2013, 12:33 PM

I see what you did there
Old 10-25-2013, 01:09 PM

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by starchland
Rofl. That number didn't work
Old 10-25-2013, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myflys2k
Originally Posted by starchland' timestamp='1382732850' post='22846782
Rofl. That number didn't work
508935186 was mine
Old 10-25-2013, 01:20 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't understand all the BB hate. If you don't like the app, don't use it. So many people are using and promoting apps that are useless to me (viber, vine, twitter, instagram, etc). I'm inundated by this crap everywhere I look (facebook, tv, etc). Know what I do? I just ignore it. Don't like BBM? Then don't download it. Jeeze.

P.S. you're saying BBM is old and antiquated, like ICQ? BBM never went away, nor did development ever slow down or stop. The fact that it used to be device specific doesn't mean it's old. BBM was the first messaging system of it's kind. Whatsapp was always a knock off, and still doesn't compare.

P.P.S. Mac's sucked back in the day. Apple almost went bankrupt in the 90's. They did a fantastic job marketing a mediocre mp3 player, and started to become profitable once again. There are sheep errrr people that love their iPhones, and that's great. No point in mongering hate towards a product just for the sake of hate mongering, especially when there's no real basis to hate said product.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by 06Estukay
Whatsapp was always a knock off, and still doesn't compare.
Yup...

Originally Posted by Some Schmengy @ Berry
BBM is more secure than any other messaging platform. Secondly, it uses less data. For people using Whatsapp, you don't need to share your actual phone number and you don't need to re-add people when you change numbers. You can add people can via NFC, email, PIN or scan.WhatsApp only shares pictures and video files, while BBM allows users to swap any file type; I'm not sure about I Message but iMessage is for iOS platform only. BBM has group chat with archived messages and a shared calendar...others don't. BBM has video and screen share in the messaging app...others don't. You can do Voice calls over BBM; you can't do this on iMessage. BBM has group chat with archived messages and a shared calendar...others don't. BBM has video and screen share in the messaging app...others don't. BBM has a group photo album, others don't. I could go on...
Old 10-25-2013, 01:29 PM

I prefer BBM for the security. There is no need for someone to have my phone number to instant message them. If I dont like the person I just delete them, just like msn. If I so desire I can give them my phone number. Thats what I didnt like about whatsapp, I would rather just text the person, I need the phone number to whatsapp anyways.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C63AMG
Originally Posted by 06Estukay' timestamp='1382736024' post='22846859
Whatsapp was always a knock off, and still doesn't compare.
Yup...

Originally Posted by Some Schmengy @ Berry
BBM is more secure than any other messaging platform. Secondly, it uses less data. For people using Whatsapp, you don't need to share your actual phone number and you don't need to re-add people when you change numbers. You can add people can via NFC, email, PIN or scan.WhatsApp only shares pictures and video files, while BBM allows users to swap any file type; I'm not sure about I Message but iMessage is for iOS platform only. BBM has group chat with archived messages and a shared calendar...others don't. BBM has video and screen share in the messaging app...others don't. You can do Voice calls over BBM; you can't do this on iMessage. BBM has group chat with archived messages and a shared calendar...others don't. BBM has video and screen share in the messaging app...others don't. BBM has a group photo album, others don't. I could go on...
Most of those features are only native to BB I believe. iOS and Android have a very limited amount of features.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:41 PM

I didnt download it, I have too many messaging apps as it is...I remember when we had the s2ki bbm group, that was fun

Quick Reply: The new BBM app