Southern Ontario S2000 Owners Southern Ontario S2000 Owners forum including Toronto, Kitchener/Waterloo, Hamilton and surrounding area

New 2007

Old 07-23-2020, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks and agreed regarding the hoses!
Old 07-23-2020, 04:04 PM

Received 3,774 Likes on 2,661 Posts

^ The oem intake has almost no sound to it, if you like some sound then the K&N is likely better for you. It is just nice to have the oem box with the purchase , so cool that you got it with the car. Enjoy the new ride.
Old 07-23-2020, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
^ The oem intake has almost no sound to it, if you like some sound then the K&N is likely better for you. It is just nice to have the oem box with the purchase , so cool that you got it with the car. Enjoy the new ride.
Thanks so much...people on here are very passionate and welcoming!
Old 07-23-2020, 06:04 PM

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

Welcome to the obsession.
Don't change the hoses- no reason to.
Regrease with the Honda super high temp (and super high $$$) urea.
Rear axle nut retorque as outlined on s2ki.com- I have all the parts needed for this but won't be in your area until maybe September. If you're down Sarnia way, I'll do it for you. I bought a 34mm, 3/4 inch socket and 600 lbft capacity breaker bar.
Buy yourself some ShinEtsu grease and do all your rubber seals around the windows, top, trunk.
When you replace your windshield, DO NOT let the install company throw it out and don't let them put your mirror back on...until you get the proper OEM Honda angled mirror mount off the old windshield. Otherwise, when the mirror is installed, it will constantly hit the top window header inside the car. That is, unless the current mount is also incorrect.
good luck!

darcy

Old 07-23-2020, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by darcyw
Welcome to the obsession.
Don't change the hoses- no reason to.
Regrease with the Honda super high temp (and super high $$$) urea.
Rear axle nut retorque as outlined on s2ki.com- I have all the parts needed for this but won't be in your area until maybe September. If you're down Sarnia way, I'll do it for you. I bought a 34mm, 3/4 inch socket and 600 lbft capacity breaker bar.
Buy yourself some ShinEtsu grease and do all your rubber seals around the windows, top, trunk.
When you replace your windshield, DO NOT let the install company throw it out and don't let them put your mirror back on...until you get the proper OEM Honda angled mirror mount off the old windshield. Otherwise, when the mirror is installed, it will constantly hit the top window header inside the car. That is, unless the current mount is also incorrect.
good luck!

darcy
I think the hoses project is OUT based on the feedback I'm getting.
I'm East GTA if ever you're in the area.
Windshield is going to be Honda OEM done at the dealership with their glass guy. If they mess it up, they will be on the hook....but thanks for the warning about the mirror mount...I will keep it in mind and warn the dealership! The current windshield is an aftermarket and I have not noticed any issues with the mirror hitting the header...so I guess it was done correctly last time.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:20 PM

P.S. ShinEtsu was done today...you are reading my mind!
Old 08-01-2020, 04:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks great, how many km's on it? I'm interested to hear what solution you choose for the TCT. Is the TCT different for the F20C vs F22C, as TODA's seems to be for the F20C only?